dannemannen

What bands are still worth following/what bands do you still follow?

More and more bands I used to follow just seem to get get worse and worse with time, some examples are Nogod, Matenro Opera and Sid. Even Dir en Grey is starting to loose me recently, Gazette's last album after an ass-long hiatus was boring. 

I think I only care about/follow Mucc personally, they seem to be the only one that keep releasing quality music. 

What bands do you still care about/follow?

Edited by dannemannen

here we gooooooo

i still follow MERRY & Marco, i'd donate my uterus to them ❤️ I also occasionally follow acts like David, Labaiser, Mazeran, La'veil Mizeria, etc.

I feel like this is already like the third or fourth thread you've made that follows pretty much the exact same premise, are you sure you've checked out absolutely every band people have listed the past couple of times we covered this topic?

If you are talking about "older-ish" bands and not fresh newbies on the scene, then I follow D, lynch. and Matenrou Opera, I think the other bands I stan are mostly newer acts.

Psycho le Cemu, BUCK-TICK, and sukekiyo. I lazily follow Angelo, Metronome, ZIZ, Golden Bomber, and Acid Black Cherry along with a handful of other VK bands but none are as consistent with release quality. Imho lynch. has only improved over the years.

I recently saw MIMIZUQ's first show and I was hard-pressed to find a song I didn't like (which was a huge relief because I really wasn't a fan of Mix Speaker's,Inc.) so I'm definitely looking forward to their future releases.

Edited by jaymee

Belle, BUCK-TICK, Crucifixion, GALLO, GRIMOIRE, JILUKA, La'veil MizeriA, mathilda, xaa-xaa, Yumeleep.

Edited by ahnchc

In this house we stan Kamijo since 1999/2000.

Among the new scene I think Kizu are very good musically. I'm "old"  so all that emoangst aesthetic doesn't take me very much, but their music is quality content.

the only bands I accompany are La'veil MizeriA and ら せ ん (Rasen).

I think I'll follow Marvelous Cruelty I liked them enough

Edited by Haru Kasu

The first band that comes to my mind would have to be DIAURA. I started listening to them when they first started and since then I've kept up with them quite regularly. I think their style really evolved to something unique and fresh, especially  during a time period when I saw VK starting to wane., for me at least. They're also one of the much "semi-older" (if you can call them that considering they started in 2010) that I still get quite excited with their releases.

Dir en Grey would also be another band I still keep up with but lately their most recent singles haven't really stood out to me. Same case with BUCK-TICK and their album this year and their single from 2017.

Edited by raspberrynilla

I've been following MIZTAVLA since the start, and that will end in a couple of days when they disband ;-; I also follow Arlequin, Nightmare (currently on hiatus), Jakigan Meister, LSN, Kiyoharu/SADS/Kuroyume,  I occasionally take a look at what Diaura release and recently I have checked out 0.1g no Gosan and Mathilda. 

Arlequin are definitely worth following, they rarely disappoint! 

7 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Arlequin are definitely worth following, they rarely disappoint! 

100% agree with this statement. I just discovered them earlier this year, went through their whole discography, and was pleasantly surprised how solid it is while also being experimental. 

17 hours ago, Komorebi said:

This. THIS.

I know it's an impopular opinion but I feel the same.

I don't even know how this is an unpopular opinion like ok maybe someone prefers their early career sound, but you can compare their playing from earlier in their career to now and see the technical improvement, like enough for someone like me who's only seen them live a handful of times over the years to notice. Sure they've still got room for improvement, but they've been going at it pretty solid.

Edited by jaymee