Shaolan974

SARIGIA new maxi-single, "DESTINATION" release

I am a outside-japan-fan, who is definitely liking their stuff so far, although very limited music is accesible of them. I have no chance to really get to know their music since so much is live-exclusive. I hate this about japanese bands. I see the attraction of it as being ‚exclusive‘ or ‚rare-item‘, I mean at the end of the day it might be to the fans as collecting items, just like stamps. To a certain extent, it is okay and it is part of the VK-culture.  But the bands that hold on to that method to extreme extent just suck. Their paranoia of losing money through accessible distribution is not legitimized, because that way less people get to know them / stumble across their music, etc. And with that, a percentage that would be willing to pay for their music, go to their concerts, etc. (here, you earn money through the quantity!) Of course you can probably live off having a smaller, but ‚loyal‘ fanbase that keeps on buying your stuff because of the ‚exclusive‘ illusion you create, giving that sort of underground feel. It‘s cool for everyone who is around.

But for all the others, it feels like you‘re not invited to the party and your crush gives a shit about you. 

I‘m all for digital and international releases. If you stan, you will pay. But bands - such as this lovely one - just cut you off :(

19 minutes ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

I am a outside-japan-fan, who is definitely liking their stuff so far, although very limited music is accesible of them. I have no chance to really get to know their music since so much is live-exclusive. I hate this about japanese bands. I see the attraction of it as being ‚exclusive‘ or ‚rare-item‘, I mean at the end of the day it might be to the fans as collecting items, just like stamps. To a certain extent, it is okay and it is part of the VK-culture.  But the bands that hold on to that method to extreme extent just suck. Their paranoia of losing money through accessible distribution is not legitimized, because that way less people get to know them / stumble across their music, etc. And with that, a percentage that would be willing to pay for their music, go to their concerts, etc. (here, you earn money through the quantity!) Of course you can probably live off having a smaller, but ‚loyal‘ fanbase that keeps on buying your stuff because of the ‚exclusive‘ illusion you create, giving that sort of underground feel. It‘s cool for everyone who is around.

But for all the others, it feels like you‘re not invited to the party and your crush gives a shit about you. 

I‘m all for digital and international releases. If you stan, you will pay. But bands - such as this lovely one - just cut you off :(

I can see why you'd feel that way, but the attitude of "support the band and buy the shit even if you have to spend extra or fuck off." is a very common one in VK, especially more obscure bands.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:35 AM, secret_no_03 said:

One of those bands who release nearly everything live and apparently have no interest in gaining popularity or any international fans.

14 hours ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

I have no chance to really get to know their music since so much is live-exclusive. I hate this about japanese bands.

It is simply not true. Especially with this band. They have released a lot of full songs on their youtube, previews for (all?) CDs, lyric videos, live videos..

Off topic addition:

Spoiler

Sorry for the offense but the problem in the situation you describe are oversea "fans" like you that want to listen to just every song. While I do understand your situation, it might help you to just enjoy the songs you can listen by them and hope for the ones you cant hear to pop up one day or forget about them. Live limited CDs are often made because they are cheap to make, as a way to get people to their live/bunpan or even as a gift/way to show gratitude to the people that came to that specific live (in case of one day limited CDs). Of course its sad when you can't go there even if you wanted.. But, as discussed here a hundred times, in the end it is what it is, if you do not go to their lives you just cant be a real "fan" since with nearly all vk bands the image you have from the internet and the acutal band live (not only the live sound but also their look, behavior, etc.) are two totally different things. Of course the bands will say in interviews "yeah i want to go overseas etc." since why not visit another country and do some sightseeing. But in the end most of them lack the money or motivation or simply actually just do not care for "fans" overseas. People overseas buying their CDs online has little to no effect on the band (especially not on auctions..). If you want to support them go to their live as their visitor (meaning tell the staff at the entrance you came for them), buy their chekis, shirt, rubber band or whatever they sell or just hand them money in an envelope.. Popularity or international fans - nothing to get from that..

In the end, what you just can do when you can't go to their lives is to just enjoy those songs available and not mourn after the 1-2 songs you won't hear..