Sign in to follow this  
SoulTheBaka

Klan Aileen

Well, I had to make this page, it's the 150th time I've been listening to Milk, and it's a different trip every time I listen to it. A trip between relaxation, annihilation and nil. So I think they deserve a page.

KKI1156.jpg

Klan Aileen is a psychedelic rock band founded on August 2007 in Kagoshima by Ryo Matsuyama. Originally a trio that consisted of Ryo Matsuyama (vocals/guitar), Takahiro Takeyama (bass) and Sayata Orita (drums), with this formation, the band began to perform in the region and took the opportunity to distribute CD-R during their live show: Too Late Appearance in April 2008, Changing Diaper Is Not For Tomorrow's Lunch in January 2009 and Astroride in October 2010. After the release of Astroride, the band moves to Tokyo and at the same time Takahiro leaves the band. He is replaced at short notice by a new bassist Daiki Ito. And Klan Aileen begins a new musical life in Tokyo. But in late 2011, Sayata and Daiki leave the band, leaving Ryo alone. And it's the return of Takahiro, now in drums, that will revive the band. In 2012, the label youth records contacted Klan Aileen to re-release the album Astroride. And from that moment, the two men continues the lives and releases the albums Klan Aileen in 2016 and Milk in 2018.

Like their line-up, the music style of the band has changed a lot over time. From a very garage start, the sound of the band has swallowed several styles such as noise rock, post-punk, krautrock and even a bit of post-rock in their latest album to release it in a psychedelic mixture that can be loud and calm.

Members:

Ryo Matsuyama (guitars/vocals) (born on 1988/04/12)

Takahiro Takeyama (drums/percussion/synthetizer) (born on 1989/01/04)

Discography: (ALBUM - EP - SINGLE)

2012/07/04 - Astroride

2014/05/00 - Fascism / Fog

2015/04/07 - Klan Aileen / NOWEARMAN (split)

2015/08/08 - Dazzlingly Rooms

2015/08/19 - Dead Surf

2016/00/00 - Live at Milkyway (live)

2016/06/17 - Nightseeing / Revolver

2016/10/19 - Klan Aileen

2018/05/23 - Milk

2018/06/24 - Milk Sessions (bonus)

Clips & Lives:

Astroride (from 1st album "Astroride")

Nightseeing (from 2nd album "Klan Aileen")

離れて (Hanarete) / Fog / Nightseeing (from 2nd album "Klan Aileen")

脱獄 (Datsugoku) (from 3rd album "Milk")

流氷 (Ryuuhyou) (from 3rd album "Milk")

________

From 2016/10/30 at spazio rita:

Sleep In A Bright Room (live) (from 1st album "Astroride")

Nightseeing (live) (from 2nd album "Klan Aileen")

Adrift (live) (from 2nd album "Klan Aileen")

From 2018/07/12 at LIVE HOUSE FEVER:

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow (live)

Nightseeing (live) (from 2nd album "Klan Aileen")

再放送 (Saihousou) (live) (from 3rd album "Milk")

脱獄 (Datsugoku) (live) (from 3rd album "Milk")

Masturbation (live) (from 3rd album "Milk")

Well, I made this page to make a maximum of people discover Klan Aileen or talk with people who like the band, so thanks for reading!

Edited by SoulTheBaka

I couldn't agree more with the fact that Milk gives a different perspective with each listen. At first I thought it was okay, then after a few days it started growing on me and that's basically because of the very dense and experimental direction that they took on the album. It's kind of a test of patience in a way.

Here's some more material available on Vimeo:

Sleep In A Bright Room (Live)

Nightseeing (Live)

Adrift (Live)

Random soundcheck from the same live show

Would be nice of someone shares their early CD-R's, since they're impossible to find nowadays. Also I'm looking for the Live at the Milkway concert and Milk Sessions, which are also very hard to find :(

@bryyodt Thanks for the lives, I updated the links ! I haven't check a lot their Vimeo page, so I don't saw that they were posting live footages.

I agree with the CD-R's, from what I search, it looks like Too Late Appearance is available for Spotify but only for Japan (https://open.spotify.com/album/09CLzyhPRYXX1q7THXEvKB)

And since they distribute Milk Sessions during the live, we can only hope that someone at Klan Aileen's concert hear our wish. Even more complicated for Live at Milkyway since there must be no available copy. I just hope they release Live release from the Milk Tour.

@Lestat I have Dazzlingly Rooms and Dead Surf (but that's thanks to @bryyodt). Milk & Astroride are available from Spotify. And their past stuffs are hard to find. I don't have them.

Well, in my case, I had the misfortune to lose their self-titled album during my move, so if you have a link, I am interested.

31 minutes ago, SoulTheBaka said:

@Lestat I have Dazzlingly Rooms and Dead Surf (but that's thanks to @bryyodt). Milk & Astroride are available from Spotify. And their past stuffs are hard to find. I don't have them.

Well, in my case, I had the misfortune to lose their self-titled album during my move, so if you have a link, I am interested.

Thank you so much for those! I didn't even know Milk was available on Spotify (at least not with kanji tags, as Spotify usually prefers romaji for whatever reason). There are 320kbps and FLAC links for the self-titled in this thread that are still up;

On October 2018, the duo release 2 live albums : Live At Fever and Sessions & Live on Bandcamp (where they repost Live At Milkyway & Dazzlingly Rooms), free for streaming.

For the beginning of 2019, Klan Aileen participated in the soundtrack of the movie Kuru (来る). The soundtrack was released on January on iTunes and Amazon. There are 3 new tracks from them : Izakaya (居酒屋), Tsuda (津田) and Haha Utagu Ude (母疑腕). -> https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/来る-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1445853300  (Unfortunately, this is on Spotify, but the japanese one)

On April 23, they release a split EP with the band kumagusu called Kkluamnaagiulseuen. The tracks were posted on Youtube. I put them together on this playlist ->

Sign in to follow this