Saishu

What is up with DEG and Gazette fans?

Coming from someone who’s a huge fan of both Diru and The Gazette, the whole beef is stupid.

I’ve never experienced it my self, but the beauty about liking both bands is that they have something unique about them honestly. I’d say that The Gazette was at least influenced by Diru.

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

Well, Kyo takes inspiration from Kiyoharu and Michiro Endo, respectively. Kiyoharu takes inspiration from Kyo from D'erlanger and to a lesser extent MORRIE as well as plenty of pop singers. Ruki was never a roadie as far as I can tell, so besides interviews there's really no way to know the influence. I mean he is relatively young, so maybe some Yokohama bands from back when he got started with Mikoto were his earliest inspiration.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:05 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

Coming from someone who’s a huge fan of both Diru and The Gazette, the whole beef is stupid.

Yep. Think it just says more about the mentality of those getting involved, nothing wrong with liking one band over the other but there's no point getting all wound up by the other band or their fans or whatever. What is that actually achieving? If it really gets to someone that much they just got to ignore said band/fans and stick with what they get enjoyment out of.

Or just appreciate what you get from both bands because they're actually pretty different.... lol.