Shaolan974

Dr.壱世 (Issei) (ex-DIMLIM) new band "NAZARE" has formed

Personally,this is a strange record.i like it,but at the same time it makes me confused.Even with it's flaws and dissonances,it was inspired,but again it feels like a package of good ideas badly executed. 

I'm hooked by the vocalist,and I really hope issei can chill out and find a balance in his productions or just leave it to someone else take over and make it real good,just like the DIMLIM's paradox

[full album is up on Roppu's channel]

Edited by Manji 卍

I don't get why issei thinks that mixing house beats and imitating-nega-imitating-DSS-era-Dir-en-grey on one album is a good idea but this is unlistenable

anyone seriously expecting Issei to form another new band once this one disbands by november or so?

Issei has already given strike the ROPPU KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK MEU DEUS

3 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

Pessoalmente, este é um disco estranho. Eu gosto disso, mas ao mesmo tempo me deixa confuso. Mesmo com suas falhas e dissonâncias, foi inspirado, mas novamente parece um pacote de boas idéias mal executadas. 

Eu sou fisgado pelo vocalista, e eu realmente espero que o issei possa relaxar e encontrar um equilíbrio em suas produções ou simplesmente deixar para outra pessoa assumir o controle e torná-lo realmente bom, assim como o paradoxo do DIMLIM

[álbum completo está no canal de Roppu]

Did they really strike?   O.O 😮

You know, the album is nowhere the trainwreck I was expecting! Those are just my impressions from a first listen.

Let me start with the biggest problem: Mio's singing. He is trying WAY TOO HARD to sing in a range he doesn't have. He is indeed a very good screamer (he's way better than Sho when he started out, he doesn't overabuse inhales and is overall more versatile) but for now his clean voice is making me have a harder time enjoying the music. Maybe he can go under an impressive improvement like Sho did, but who knows?

While there is recently a whole wave of VK bands that put A WHOLE LOT of emphasis on musicianship sometimes to the expense of songwriting, I feel like the musicianship is not only capable but also used in a way it doesn't try to compensate for bad songwriting (different to something like Jiluka's lastest album which is nearly unlistenable). Despite the over-triggered drum sound that doesn't make him much favor, Issei is indeed a good drummer and way more capable than the repetitive machine gun double bass blasting I've heard in a lot of his stuff would indicate. The bass-heavy production renders the music a bit messy, and it doesn't help that their sound is very layered (with lots of guitar leads, vocal harmonies, orchestral and electronic instrumentation), so the mix is kinda muddy (I had wishes of DeG going for 8-strings before but this album reminded me that with their awful production values of late, the music would sound like a total mess).

The songwriting is all over the place (there are proggy pieces, the all-out aggressive stuff in line with the promotional singles, synth-heavy "anthemic" live-oriented stuff, ballads here and there) pretty much like early Dimlim, but I consider it to be a slight improvement over something like Various (sorry, but I really dislike it). One of the biggest complains is the abundance of synth sounds that a lot of times subtract more than add to the song (not to mention how they clutter the mix even further). Couldn't care less about the anime ED ballads though and the unabashedly "live-oriented" songs with all the gang vocals and call-and-response bits don't do much for me either.

My favorite tracks were "Judas" (which sadly suffers from some of the worst vocals of the album), "unknown" and "Blink".

Edited by kuyashii
Crappy writing

I like Mio's vocals and most of nazare's stuff so far, Issei should stop bitching about the music being uploaded to youtube and start making it available for purchase outside the lives.

i like that sudden little twists that make songs sound less predictable. there are some that are just funny and sound cheap though (like when guitar in 色失 sounds like tetris god why). but i like the songs, even though the band sounds raw yet.

i wonder who wrote which song and how mio sings judas live...

well i need to listen some more times to fully understand what i think of this album but i will definitely keep an eye on them, they do have potential. 

6 hours ago, kuyashii said:
Spoiler

You know, the album is nowhere the trainwreck I was expecting! Those are just my impressions from a first listen.

Let me start with the biggest problem: Mio's singing. He is trying WAY TOO HARD to sing in a range he doesn't have. He is indeed a very good screamer (he's way better than Sho when he started out, he doesn't overabuse inhales and is overall more versatile) but for now his clean voice is making me have a harder time to enjoy the music. Maybe he can go under an impressive improvement like Sho did, but who knows?

While this whole wave of VK bands that put A WHOLE LOT of emphasis on musicianship sometimes to the expense of songwriting, I feel like the musicianship is not only capable but also used in a way it tries to compensate for bad songwriting (not something like Jiluka's lastest album which is nearly unlistenable). Despite the over-triggered drum sound that doesn't make him much favor, Issei is indeed a good drummer and way more capable than the repetitive machine gun double bass blasting I've heard in a lot of his stuff. The bass-heavy production renders the music a bit messy, and it doesn't help that their sound is very layered, so the mix is kinda muddy (I had wishes of DeG going for 8-strings before but this album reminded me that with their awful production values of late, the music would sound like a total mess).

The songwriting is all over the place (there are proggy pieces, the all-out aggressive stuff, synth-heavy anthemic live-oriented stuff, ballads here and there) pretty much like early Dimlim but I consider it to be a slight improvement over something like Various (sorry, but I really dislike it). One of the biggest complains is the abundance of synth sounds that a lot of times subtract more than add to the song (not to mention how they clutter the mix even further). Couldn't care less about the anime ED ballads though and the unabashedly "live-oriented" songs with all the gang vocals and call-and-response bits.

My favorite tracks were "Judas" (which suffers from some of the worst vocals of the album), "unknown" and "Blink".

Excellent review mate, hit the head on the nail with this. This was a hot mess, as was early DIMLIM, but it was somehow a breath of fresh air with all its excess

Thanks for somehow being able to understand me despite all the writing mistakes, I was really tired when I wrote that and should have proof-read it before posting.

2 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

At least for me, it was a huge mistake criticizing so much this band. Their debut album is a masterpiece,not bcuz all the tracks were perfect,but for their insane potential for music.

Agree..I guess i'd rather be pleasantly surprised than right lol. I have even listened to this album more than CHEDOARA.

(Except Blink...sounds too much like American screamo for me)