FOSCOR70

what comes to your mind when thinking of 'japanese rap'?

'Nobodyknows Heros Come Back' and dir en grey's 'vinushka' comes to my mind,what about you? Please share whatever songs/albums/artists/opinion or anything that comes to your mind i would love to check them out!

Edited by FOSCOR70

and I have another song who came in my mind but I can't find it...

It's sung in japanese, chinese, korean... something with "number one, ichiban, ..."

ONE☆DRAFT (Def. a bit more on the pop side, but I really liked the rap sections)

I used to listen to these guys religiously back in the day.

Squash Squad

KID FRESINO (Pretty gud)

LOLLL I got suggested Yurufuwa Gang on Spotify the other day. They were featured on 88 too. Not exactly my cup of tea...

I think, generally, the Koreans do rap better, but there's def. some gems here and there in the Japanese scene.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Corny ass shit. Always.

But the biggest thing there is Rip Slyme, hands down. Teriyaki Boyz got mainstream attention after Tokyo Drift, but besides m-flo and maybe Dragon Ash (which is already a stretch, as they are most pop rock with hip hop influences nowadays), that's it for the big hitters, AFAIK

NujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabes*ThisIsTheOnlyJapaneseHipHopArtistEver*NujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabesNujabes

9 hours ago, colorfuljinsei said:

LOLLL I got suggested Yurufuwa Gang on Spotify the other day. They were featured on 88 too. Not exactly my cup of tea...

They really do show up all over the place. I mainly got into them because they do a lot of collabs with SALU, tbh. Although, I think the main reason they came to mind was actually because they namedrop THE BLUE HEARTS in that song, and KOHH also mentions them in one of his tracks, so I kind of linked them together in my head.

It's funny that you mention KID FRESINO as well, since NENE, the female MC from Yurufuwa Gang, is featured on Arcades, the B-side for the video you linked. XD

37 minutes ago, violetchain said:

It's funny that you mention KID FRESINO as well, since NENE, the female MC from Yurufuwa Gang, is featured on Arcades, the B-side for the video you linked. XD

She actually sounds quite nice in this! I guess I'm not too crazy about the voice modulation effects YG does then. 

While SALU's voice is a bit nasal (but pretty nice), the production on all of his tracks & collabs are top notch!

Edited by colorfuljinsei

12 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

Corny ass shit. Always.

But the biggest thing there is Rip Slyme, hands down. Teriyaki Boyz got mainstream attention after Tokyo Drift, but besides m-flo and maybe Dragon Ash (which is already a stretch, as they are most pop rock with hip hop influences nowadays), that's it for the big hitters, AFAIK

I was literally gonna comment Tokyo Drift by Teriyaki Boyz as I used to listen to it so much as a kid!

I mean my signature has the best lyric from it xD 

On August 16, 2018 at 6:11 AM, nekkichi said:

I love how no one mentioned that awful satsuki rap album, as if the collective unconscious of MH decidedly erased it from memory nnnnnnn

I wanted to forget...

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, Yes I found it from the awful Gantz anime but the song is a classic!