YaoiOrDie

Hello from Australia

Hello. I just found this website and saw a visual kei section and so I signed up.

I'm 26 and I have been listening to Visual Kei for 12 years now.

I don't really know a lot of the recent stuff, I just have the bands that I already know and like XD

The bands I've known the longest are Dir En Grey and the Gazette, that I used to listen to when I was 14. Geeze that's so long ago.

Back in dem days you either got your Visual Kei from limewire or people who were kind enough to share mp3s on their sites, like this one graphic artist who made Visual Kei avatars and other graphics.

I'd really love some friends who are into Visual Kei. Though I hear the interest in western countries is dying. I know that the community is small in Australia, and even smaller in my city, Melbourne. (It's a very toxic place...)
So... Making friends on the internet it is lololol

Hiya, welcome to Monochrome Heaven! This site is mostly dedicated to visual kei, but we also love general jrock and other genres as well (like metal, rap, and even jpop/kpop and country music as well!), so this is a great place to expand your musical tastes and make some buds! ^^

If you have any questions, feel free to message me, or anyone else with a red/blue/green name! :glitter:I hope you enjoy your time here! ♥

33 minutes ago, YaoiOrDie said:

Though I hear the interest in western countries is dying.

I'd like to believe that's not true but at least we're all here to share the love.

Welcome 😊

Welcome here ☺️.

3 hours ago, YaoiOrDie said:

I'd really love some friends who are into Visual Kei. Though I hear the interest in western countries is dying. I know that the community is small in Australia, and even smaller in my city, Melbourne. (It's a very toxic place...)
So... Making friends on the internet it is lololol

The community is small in France in this last years. And I have a friend who love visual kei but except The GazettE, she loves Kamijo and all his projects and bands. And she loves German metal bands ( she studies German, Japenese and Chinese). But she's not good in english and she don't in this forum 😊. But many friends who talks visual kei is generally through Internet.

Welcome, I'm from melbourne too and yeah the vk community here is pretty much non-existant, though Deg got a small crowd when I saw them in 2014/2015. When the boom was happening in europe nothing happened here though apparently Blood toured here in the mid 2000s.