Sign in to follow this  
FOSCOR70

Arabic music

Recommend me some dark atmospheric/ambient Arabic/ middleastern influenced music please. 

I want vocals and lyrics in the music(preferably lyrics in Arabic language) A few sentences or a few words or even weird noises like 'ahh' or 'monk chanting' will also do fine. 

Thank you.

This is probably not quite what you are looking for as the lyrics are in English, but I'll give it a shot anyway. And it's not strictly arabic, but middle-eastern.

Karl Sanders

Solo project of Karl Sanders, best known for his work with brutal death metal band Nile. Dark middle-eastern/Egyptian ambient. Mostly instrumental tho.

Melechesh

Black/death with middle-eastern folk metal elements. Doesn't have much synth, chanting or anything, but it's very middle-eastern sounding.

Orphaned Land

Started out as a doom/death metal band with middle-eastern folk elements, but as time passed they've moved more into progressive metal territory, tho still with middle-eastern folk. Nowadays they don't have much extreme metal influences at all. Not quite as heavy or dark either. Much lighter and catchy.

Aeternam is a really good Arabic folk metal band from Canada. Depending on who you hear it from, the vocalist is either of Moroccan or Iraqi descent. Their theme is ancient civilisations, particularly Mesopotamia and Egypt. Their latest album deals with leaders throughout history. They often use Arabic instruments such as the Oud, or the Saz. The vocalist often alternates between English and Arabic

Spoiler

And of course there is just full on Arabic music. I think people who have heard Jay Z will recognise this Egyptian piece (and the controversy behind the sampling of it)

Spoiler

Sign in to follow this