Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

ギャロ (THE GALLO) new maxi-single "VELTRO" release

1 hour ago, ahnchc said:

Didn't PLUTO just release. They need to slow down lol

They did have a very long break. They probably wrote an album worth of material and are releasing it as singles. 

Just release another proper album already boys....

7 hours ago, platy said:

They did have a very long break. They probably wrote an album worth of material and are releasing it as singles. 

Very true!

Spoiler

Though, I'm under the impression that they need another one, considering their recent releases have tunes or lyrics derived from—or inspired by themes or lyrics from—THE SKULL FUCK REVOLVERS, which leads me to believe that they're at something of a creative block at the moment. Andy's most recent post of what seems to be a track within this new release is the only song to be blatantly labeled as a remake, whereas the others are not (while still using lyrics or melodies from SFR).

I can only hope that they don't overwork themselves or aren't already doing so.

PLUTO was a flawless release, I'm sure this one is going to be on the same level. And a full length in December or January could be possible,who knows...

40 minutes ago, Shaolan974 said:

86520180904225828.jpg

[tracklist]

01. VELTRO
02. 黒鶏論-再生篇-
03. 黒鶏式葬送曲第弐番-メラク-
04. VELTRO(オリジナルカラオケ)

Transliterated tracklist:

01. VELTRO

02. Kokkeiron-saiseihen-

03. Kokkeishiki sousoukyoku dainiban-MERAKU-

04. VELTRO (original karaoke)

General Gallo question: do they romanize "黒鶏" as "GALLO?" I saw Tr*mbe used to do that, so I wasn't sure if that was a special thing they do, since black chickens are a symbol of the band or something idk

Like, "黒鶏論" would be "GALLO-ism."

23 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

General Gallo question: do they romanize "黒鶏" as "GALLO?" I saw Tr*mbe used to do that, so I wasn't sure if that was a special thing they do, since black chickens are a symbol of the band or something idk

Like, "黒鶏論" would be "GALLO-ism."

Anything with 黒鶏 is read as "kokkei". Therefore, 黒鶏論 is read "kokkeiron".

黒鶏 being read "GALLO" and 黒鶏論 as "GALLOISM" is fine as a translation—and was also the name of one of their releases—but it doesn't work as a transliteration, as that's not how it's read or spoken aloud as.

GALLO—save for the release of GALLOISM—also transliterates 黒鶏 as "kokkei" as well, as opposed to using the band's name.

i'll tell you this,The Gallo is the most solid vk band alive nowadays

i mean,almost one decade on the road and these guys just keep improving,making good music with no bullshit

look at their discography,there's nothing to complain about,their essence still there and strong

Sign in to follow this