FOSCOR70

Hello Folks I'm Kiwamu's Bitch

i got into metal 4 months ago when somebody recommended me dir en grey on my thread titled 'music with screams'or something like that on myanimelist. its the first and only metal band that i was into until a couple of days ago.(currently im also following dadaroma and the black swan) My main motive for coming here is asking(begging?) for recommendations so i apologize in advance if i seem like annoying :).

Side question -

whats are you guys top 10 acoustic/unplugged songs from metal/rock bands? (i might be creating separate 1 or 2 threads regarding this question if i didnt got good response in this thread....my this introduction thread was actually just an excuse for asking this question so dont let me down and name some great acoustic/unplugged songs folks!)

PEACE~

oh one more thing,who the actual fuck IS Kiwamu anyway? :(

6 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

i got into metal 4 months ago when somebody recommended me dir en grey on my thread titled 'music with screams'or something like that on myanimelist. its the first and only metal band that i was into until a couple of days ago.(currently im also following dadaroma and the black swan) My main motive for coming here is asking(begging?) for recommendations so i apologize in advance if i seem like annoying :).

Side question -

whats are you guys top 10 acoustic/unplugged songs from metal/rock bands? (i might be creating separate 1 or 2 threads regarding this question if i didnt got good response in this thread....my this introduction thread was actually just an excuse for asking this question so dont let me down and name some great acoustic/unplugged songs folks!)

PEACE~

Welcome, DIR EN GREY actually have a lot of good acoustic songs. Kiwamu is the former guitarist of BLOOD and GPKism and is the founder and boss of Starwave Records. 

Edited by secret_no_03

Hi, if you're only interested in rock/metal bands (not only japanese bands) I can recommend you some: start trying Borknagar's "Origin", it's a fantastic acoustic album, other metal bands into acoustic are: "Sig:Ar:Tyr", "Ulver" (the album kveldssanger), and "Ivar Bjørnson & Einar Selvik" 
if you want only japanese bands here's my top 10:

-Rentrer en Soi - Last Word
-Dir en grey - Akuro no Oka
-12012 - The Swim
-Sadie - Silent Eve
-X Japan - Crucify My Love
-Luna Sea - Gravity
-Glay - Way of difference
-Janne da arc - DOLLS
-the GazettE - Pledge
-Vistlip - Chimera

Edit: oops, I listed ballads on that top 10, sorry 😩

Edited by Sickle

The Black Swan unfortunately is already disbanding :( their frontman Jin is most famous for a band called NEGA from yester-decade if it interests you. Hey but keep an eye on the news section here, there's new bands sprouting basically every few weeks lol!

Dir en Grey do a lot of acoustic and "unplugged" versions of their songs  and then releases them on the 2-disc special editions or bonus track slots at the end of their albums There's a good number of them now!

14 hours ago, Sickle said:

Hi, if you're only interested in rock/metal bands (not only japanese bands) I can recommend you some: start trying Borknagar's "Origin", it's a fantastic acoustic album, other metal bands into acoustic are: "Sig:Ar:Tyr", "Ulver" (the album kveldssanger), and "Ivar Bjørnson & Einar Selvik" 

-12012 - The Swim
-Sadie - Silent Eve
-Luna Sea - Gravity
-Janne da arc - DOLLS
-the GazettE - Pledge
-Vistlip - Chimera

thanks a ton mate! Ivar Bjørnson & Einar Selvik sounded the best to me among all! gorgeous.

i love these acoustic songs with raw sound and minimum instruments and sometimes when there are even screams in such acoustic songs it sounds so lovely....kinda weird but i  like it 😜

Edited by FOSCOR70

12 hours ago, Elazmus said:

The Black Swan unfortunately is already disbanding :( their frontman Jin is most famous for a band called NEGA from yester-decade if it interests you. Hey but keep an eye on the news section here, there's new bands sprouting basically every few weeks lol!

Dir en Grey do a lot of acoustic and "unplugged" versions of their songs  and then releases them on the 2-disc special editions or bonus track slots at the end of their albums There's a good number of them now!

wow didnt knew that....well i wasnt really deep into the band anyway so it aint a big shock...but good to see that there other band with the same musician. :)

Oh yes your right dir en grey has a lot acoustic and unplugged stuff, actually right after hearing their acoustic stuff did i grew a liking towards acoustic stuff  thats why im looking for more :)

On 7/31/2018 at 6:44 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

wow didnt knew that....well i wasnt really deep into the band anyway so it aint a big shock...but good to see that there other band with the same musician. :)

Oh yes your right dir en grey has a lot acoustic and unplugged stuff, actually right after hearing their acoustic stuff did i grew a liking towards acoustic stuff  thats why im looking for more :)

On that note though, I wouldn't let disbandment put you off listening to The Black Swan, Nega or any other disbanded band because the music is still relevant. I've listened to a lot of bands over the years who had long since disbanded by the time I found them and if I'd let that put me off then I would have missed out on seeing Dio -Distraught Overlord- on their Euro reunion tour.

Good luck with your searching though, I do believe the Japanese rock scene still has a lot to offer old and new.

17 hours ago, Crimson Gates said:

On that note though, I wouldn't let disbandment put you off listening to The Black Swan, Nega or any other disbanded band because the music is still relevant. I've listened to a lot of bands over the years who had long since disbanded by the time I found them and if I'd let that put me off then I would have missed out on seeing Dio -Distraught Overlord- on their Euro reunion tour.

Good luck with your searching though, I do believe the Japanese rock scene still has a lot to offer old and new.

Yes your totally right, putting off a band just cuz of disbandment is a bad idea. Their music is still there :)

And you know i succeeded in finding a ton of great acoustic music, both from Japan and outside. 

Have you heard about neofolk? Well Checkout any piece of music from wardruns or this 

It's haunting,atmospheric,melodies, Calm and just somehow make you feel closer to Nature and your soul.

Big words huh? Lol well idk how to describe it in any other way. :P

Actually what I find calming is the very thing that brought you here. I've never been a huge fan of DEG but I do like some of their songs and Obscure and Saku are always my go to songs when I need calm. I don't know, loud and fast just has that affect on me I guess. 🙃

Hi!

Welcome to MH

Tbh i only found out about Dir en Grey since around like 4-5 years ago and it is also the same time i got into Visual Kei, about Metal Bands with screams,  it sounded like that there some songs like appeared in some animes.

About the music reccomendation, since you started listening to metal 4 months ago and if you want to listen to more metal bands thats japanese

here's some bands i would recommend you, If you haven't listen to some of these yet:

• Black Gene For The Next Scene

• UnsRaw

• Deluhi

• Awoi

• Kagerou

• lynch.

• girugamesh

• MEJIBRAY

PS: even though some of them are disbanded and hiatus except lynch.

Edited by K-x-H

On 7/30/2018 at 12:56 PM, Sickle said:

-12012 - The Swim
-Sadie - Silent Eve
-Luna Sea - Gravity
-Janne da arc - DOLLS
-the GazettE - Pledge
-Vistlip - Chimera

Hey man!

Excellents choices, but I choice (classic) Endless Rain - X Japan, or Anata - L'Arc~en~ciel.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:19 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

(currently im also following dadaroma and the black swan)

Side question -

PEACE~

Ooof, THE BLACK SWAN is disbanded, BUTTTTTT The Vocalist and Guitarists of that project have moved on to their new band Articlear. Welcome tho, check the news section for new bands to get into, thats usually how if not most, then some find new bands.

5 hours ago, Aferni said:

Ooof, THE BLACK SWAN is disbanded, BUTTTTTT The Vocalist and Guitarists of that project have moved on to their new band Articlear. Welcome tho, check the news section for new bands to get into, thats usually how if not most, then some find new bands.

You might wanna check out the date when i created this thread lol. i made this thread around 10 months ago when i was new and now im well versed with this site and the vk scene. Anyway, recommendations are always welcome so thanks  ;)