Introduction time... Okay!

I was 20 when I discovered visual kei for the first time. It was the time when Miyavi was a multicolored freak with piercings all over, running wild as he showcased his crazy guitar skills to the world. I was in love, obsessed with this new scene I had just discovered, and I had done so at a time in my life where I soon had the chance to choose my own direction. So, I changed the course of my life, and here I am, a decade later, still in love with a scene that I have been a part of, same way it has been a part of my life, for ten years.

I have spent years studying and researching v-kei culture in uni, I have lurked at the back of venues for many shows on passes from work, and tumbled around at the front for many, many more as an enthusiastic fangirl. I like to see bands objectively and appreciate each for their strengths - most important for me personally, though, is their performance live and I won't judge anyone before seeing them at least once.

As for music taste, I find most of my favorites through lives, where I prefer the somewhat wilder ones. Absolute favorites are the GazettE, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Diaura, RAZOR and Dadaroma. And I'm a die hard D’espairsRay and Mejibray fan, too. I am not much for the older bands, and I try not to get into indie bands, but there are exceptions for both. My current indie crush is Dexcore and I've had some weird moments of insanity where I went for cuter things... but I try to forget xD Aside from that, I follow the activities of AKi (SID, solo) and Kenzo (Gremlins, solo) closely as they are special to me and has been for a very long time ❤️

Outside of our dark and sparkly world of visual kei, I try to balance my time between being an artistic jack of all trades and an adventurous world traveller. But that is a whole other story!

Cheers.

You're introduction is really nice  😄. Welcome in this forum 😉.

I discover visual kei  when I was 9 or 10 years old because they sing an opening or ending for animes. And I listen GACKT essentialy but I  dont' like his music.

In these times, I read rock magazine who talks visual kei . I discover The GazettE  when I was 11 years old and I like them in these time ( but my little sister, she liked them) and I appreciate them later and I was 16 or 17 years old. 

Mee too, I don't listen many old bands. For rest bands, have not the same sensivity ^-^.