Hello everyone, I've been a Visual Kei fan since 2004 when I discovered J-Rock with Asian Kung Fu Generation and subsequently Visual Kei through L'Arc~en~Ciel through Fullmetal Alchemist and quickly found DIR EN GREY and X Japan. I was a fan of everything FROM ∀NTI FEMINISM, An Cafe, Girugamesh and 蜉蝣 to Phantasmagoria, Moi dix Mois and Versailles -Philharmonic Quintet- from 2004 up until around 2010. I then fell into Japanese hip hop and left the scene until last year while keeping up with stuff like DIR EN GREY and the GazettE. Anyway, since last year I've been back in it and quite deeply and it's been nice discovering so many new bands and the nostalgia of the bands I used to love. I was always ostracized and ridiculed about my musical choices in my youth (my youth? I'm only 28 xD) and I ended up finding a soul mate who enjoys Visual Kei as well, especially DAMY, but that doesn't mean that I am not looking to create friendships as friends with similar musical interests are few and far between.

I've been a fan of a variety of subgenres over the years, everything from your traditional Visual Kei to Oshare-kei and Nagoya-kei. My favorite bands since I've come back would have to be TRNTY D:CODE, Darian Marian, SARIGIA, dexcore, DatuRΛ, MISERIA, and I was really fond of DEVIZE, VRZEL and MEJIBRAY. As far as old bands I've always loved anything MORRIE does; so DEAD END, 黒夢, PENICILLIN, GLAY, X Japan, Luna Sea and D'erlanger

Oh my, I apologize for writing what has essentially turned into a short story! I guess I can end this by saying that I've been aware of this place for some years and used to lurk off and on in the past and I'm happy to be here now. :)

Welcome ^^.  Your taste are really diversified.

Ah I love the first anime of Fullmetal Alchemist and the manga.

Welcome to the forum (finally)!

Now that's quite an intro haha. With an artist list like that I think you'll fit into the community just fine :).

I was brought up on Anime OPs too, so its nice to see another fan join us.

What I really find interesting is that you dove into Japanese Hip-hop around 2010, as I used to be a big fan in the late 90's/early 00's, but actually jumped ship around '08-'10 haha.

What artists could you recommend from around that time?

10 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Welcome to the forum (finally)!

Now that's quite an intro haha. With an artist list like that I think you'll fit into the community just fine :).

I was brought up on Anime OPs too, so its nice to see another fan join us.

What I really find interesting is that you dove into Japanese Hip-hop around 2010, as I used to be a big fan in the late 90's/early 00's, but actually jumped ship around '08-'10 haha.

What artists could you recommend from around that time?

Hip hop you mean? Lol 

3 hours ago, Miku70 said:

Welcome ^^.  Your taste are really diversified.

Ah I love the first anime of Fullmetal Alchemist and the manga.

Thank you and yeah I suppose they are lol I have never seen Brotherhood seeing as I had watched the entirety of the original and have never felt like going back and watching the manga-esque version. 

6 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Thank you and yeah I suppose they are lol I have never seen Brotherhood seeing as I had watched the entirety of the original and have never felt like going back and watching the manga-esque version. 

Many people said brotherhood is better but I  never watching enter. The manga is the original version and his end is really different of the anime. Because in these time , manga did not finished, so the mangaka gave his authorisation that end of anime is differnt of the manga. The manga is a comic book and not a anime.