Somehow there is no Madmans Esprit thread on MH and seeing they even joined Gan-Shin Records recently I felt like there should be one.

The band was formed 2010 in Seoul and has been active with changing lineup as solo project of vocalist/guitarist 叫號 (Kyuho).

20pajdg.jpg 21do2lf.jpg

Their style is characterized as "post black metal / visual kei" under the concept "depressive suicidal blackened pop" and their new album is going to be released in October 2018.

Spoiler

OHP  |  Instagram  |  FB  |  Twitter  |  YouTube  |  Spotify  |  Apple Music  |  Bandcamp

I bought the new album off bandcamp last night. Can't wait till it ships! Glad to support something so genuine and genuinely good. Its like completely up my ally.

It's really nice to hear you guys enjoy his music! ; > I completely agree. It's not that easy to find innovative and genuine artists in visual kei so supporting them is very important.  Especially if they are this skilled, too. Also the non Japanese bands often try to imitate the Japanese ones so much that they end up lacking substance and miss the chance to add their own perspective and this is very different.

A teaser for the upcoming MV has been released yesterday:

O_O I don'like this last MV ... because they are so much scream.😥

Nice to hear people like them!

Their full lineup for the upcoming Korea/Japan shows has been revealed:

eu39mt.jpg

Spoiler

Voice, Everything : 叫號 (Kyuho) (ms. isohp romatem, Human Traces)

hx3olv.jpgjqgx6t.jpg

Guitar : Senyt (Dark Mirror ov Tragedy, Metamorphosis)

2ivgs1s.jpg2vwxog2.jpg

Guitar : Juho (ms. isohp romatem)

29fxwnk.jpg23mpo4i.jpg

Bass : Eun Chae (Silverclub)

2lbc2gl.jpg2jb1b3a.jpg

Drums : Confyverse (Dark Mirror ov Tragedy, Memnoch)

33vkunb.jpg2dl9h6f.jpg

ftevr9.jpg

this is one of the best things i've heard this year,they deserve total attention of this forum

visual kei and black metal,my two fav subgenres together,what could be better?

and glad that they kept the korean language in most of the tracks,

i'm definetely not used to listen any metal songs in korean,sounds really refreshing

Edited by Manji 卍

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

this is one of the best things i've heard this year,they deserve total attention of this forum

visual kei and black metal,my two fav subgenres together,what could be better?

and glad that they kept the korean language in most of the tracks,

i'm definetely not used to listen any metal songs in korean,sounds really refreshing

I agree 100%! Pretty sure if it was Japanese, people on the forum would already be hyping it. But the Korean language matches this style of music very well. 

50 minutes ago, hyura said:

I agree 100%! Pretty sure if it was Japanese, people on the forum would already be hyping it. But the Korean language matches this style of music very well. 

yeah,that's it.and for sure, if they were japanese they would be one of the most commented bands here

their sound really impresses me,plus the "korean essence" in it ,which something that i'm not used to as i said

btw,the diversity,the passion,the elegant and at the same time sinister atmosphere on some tracks gives me

strong Sukekiyo's vibes and it's one of the favorite bands of the vocalist,so he's definitely influenced

i'm excited for this release,and glad that i've found someone to discuss about these guys

their other project is pretty interesting as well

Edited by Manji 卍

I can definitely also see the paralels to sukekiyo, in both bands!

As for Black Metal or DSBM and VK together, it's actually very surprising that there aren't more bands doing it. With all the occultism, depression, suicide and general nihilism in the themes many bands are using and the fact that basically any metal genre can be considered 'VK music' now as long as the band has the look and plays at certain events its not that unlikely.

Recently I saw a japanese article about Madmans Esprit and that genre combination that is very in-depth and it way interesting to read. Although I was surprised of them calling early mucc DSBM.

6 hours ago, Tanishi said:

So this guy is pretty much the vocalist for half the Korean visual kei scene. Makes you realise how small it is

Actually he is the guitarist of ms. isohp romatem while their vocalist is support guitarist for his live shows. Your point still stands, though. The metal scene in South Korea is already shockingly small and a visual kei scene pretty much does not exist anymore except for 3-4 bands. BP records bands keep playing shows there, though. So there has to be at least something...

btw, new look of ms. isohp romatem

sce00g.jpg

58 minutes ago, hyura said:

As for Black Metal or DSBM and VK together, it's actually very surprising that there aren't more bands doing it. With all the occultism, depression, suicide and general nihilism in the themes

Sorry for quoting you again, but that's some interesting point. Look at how the vk scene is nowadays... The only "serious" new/young band involving those themes you mentioned is DIMLIM. The rest are just generic/colourful vk shit. Just like DeG is a huge base or a kind of legacy and source of inspiration for many vk bands, Sukekiyo is a "new opened door" for a different world of ideas and combination of sounds involving all the nihilism/occultism/elegance,etc. And those two projects seems to realize the importance and influence of Sukekiyo and how rich their concept is, and the addition of black metal was simply genius, nobody else does that. but the Japanese vk scene seems to be blind to such richness and originality, keeping the same boring things over and over (of course with some exceptions). It is pretty sad that the vk scene in south Korea still so small, and that's mainly due to the personal interests of the korean industry in kpop shit

Edited by Manji 卍

17 hours ago, hyura said:

Actually he is the guitarist of ms. isohp romatem while their vocalist is support guitarist for his live shows. 

Ah I thought they sounded really different lol.

16 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

It is pretty sad that the vk scene in south Korea still so small, and that's mainly due to the personal interests of the korean industry in kpop shit

It seems while vk is strongly discouraged in china because of the government, korea just has an extreme case of bad taste. But it's not just vk, it seems the korean underground is so small it's virtually non existent. Makes me wish TRAX took off back in 2004 or whatever (Paradox and Scorpio were great imo).

Gan-Shin records is doing a re-release of their first album, so from friday of this week it should be available on spotify, apple music and everywhere. 

The new album will be available from october first!

On 8/29/2018 at 12:39 PM, Takadanobabaalien said:

Been meaning to try this out for quite a while. Glad to hear they'll end up on spotify so I can give it a spin. 

You should! It's a great album. A lot more DSBM than the newer songs (it was originally released through a black metal label) so not 'fun vk' but very impressive. 

(Edit: just realized I made it sound like the newer stuff is 'fun vk' which it definitely isn't but it's less cvlt than 'NACHT') 

Edited by hyura

On 8/28/2018 at 8:58 PM, hyura said:

Gan-Shin records is doing a re-release of their first album, so from friday of this week it should be available on spotify, apple music and everywhere.

Wait, Nacht *was* on Spotify... and now it's not. And it will be again soon??

(I remember playing Nacht a lot last summer after you posted about it in the shoutbox...)

I have "I Just Want to Sex with You" and "NACHT" and I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed both, much more of NACHT actually. There is a whole dark atmosphere that reminds me of "Silencer" band at times, I loved it.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:31 PM, The Reverend said:

Wait, Nacht *was* on Spotify... and now it's not. And it will be again soon??

(I remember playing Nacht a lot last summer after you posted about it in the shoutbox...)

It is back on again now! (and also on Itunes and amazon and everywhere)

The reason why it disappeared is that they cut ties with ATMF and it appearently took a while for the new label to get the rights to put it back.

(I'm glad my recommendation was well received : ) )