The Piass

竜太朗(Ryutaro) (Plastic Tree) new album "デも/demo #2" release

6 minutes ago, suji said:

i can't stop listening to these samples!!! the hype is real!!!

btw some of these songs sound familiar. i wonder if these are different takes on pura songs (or maybe I'm crazy idk)

I thought the exact same thing, couldn't remember what songs if any though, that's weird!

11 minutes ago, suji said:

i can't stop listening to these samples!!! the hype is real!!!

btw some of these songs sound familiar. i wonder if these are different takes on pura songs (or maybe I'm crazy idk)

I'm not sure about different takes on Pura songs, but 「日没地区 / nichibotsuchiku」 and 「19罪 / jukyusai」 both borrow from 「恋ト幻 / rentogen」 and/or 「メモ / memo」 from his previous solo releases. 

ETA: Also, if memory serves, I think 「19罪 / jukyusai」is the song Ryutaro mentioned as being the first he wrote? That is to say, the '1992' part of the album. Which would also make sense, given the song title's apparent play on words. So if that one reminds you of an older Pura song, that might be another reason why. But I don't know whether he was referring to solely the lyrics or the composition as well.

Edited by SakuraFox512

On 9/10/2018 at 7:53 PM, SakuraFox512 said:

I'm not sure about different takes on Pura songs, but 「日没地区 / nichibotsuchiku」 and 「19罪 / jukyusai」 both borrow from 「恋ト幻 / rentogen」 and/or 「メモ / memo」 from his previous solo releases. 

ETA: Also, if memory serves, I think 「19罪 / jukyusai」is the song Ryutaro mentioned as being the first he wrote? That is to say, the '1992' part of the album. Which would also make sense, given the song title's apparent play on words. So if that one reminds you of an older Pura song, that might be another reason why. But I don't know whether he was referring to solely the lyrics or the composition as well.

Hopefully that's a more thematic decision than a running-out-of-content decision... I want Demo #3 and #4!

This is seriously good though. My only question is if this will top the first mini in terms of enjoyment? I think that was my most played CD of 2016.