Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

10 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I'm pretty sure it's Tue Madsen again? the mastermind behind recent releases by VK legends Bataar and aspiring indie sensation we're talking about here.

Well he had nothing to do with the Ningen single, so who knows for sure. 

7 hours ago, Egnirys cimredopyh said:

I think they were talking about values of madness

Hahahaha I thought so, but if that's the case I don't know what kind of animes those people have been watching lol

New samples sound great! Getting a big 'ARCHE part 2' vibes now. Seems like the songs are definitely going to be short but with many things going on around. Also, there's seems to be a lot of variety: just hope the whole album flows well and haves no filler at all (50 minutes sounds promising).

Ooph, this sounds pretty great. Neither ARCHE of THE UNRAVELING did much for me, so it's been a while since I really enjoyed one of their albums but this is sounding promising. Values of Madness is a blast.

4 hours ago, Envelion said:

Hahahaha I thought so, but if that's the case I don't know what kind of animes those people have been watching lol

Let’s not forget DEG and Maximum the Hormone have both had songs used as anime openings. 

Ya.

Hard Rock and Metal isn't even new being used for Anime opening. 

From the obvious Detroit Metal City, to  Deadman Wonderland, Darker Than Black, Durarara, Gundam 00, WataMote, Soul Eater, Mnemosyne, One Punch Man, and so on. 

So if someone says DEG new song sounds like anime opening, they might refered to this kind of sounds.

9 hours ago, blacktooth said:

I was about to say “they should grab the guy who mastered Adoratio” but it turns out that’s just Tue Madsen too. Huh. 

He also mixed Vitium. 

@dannemannen I agree. I'm a little nervous about the full thing actually, but I will say the latter half of the album sounds like it has some really solid moments from the samples. I'm particularly excited about Followers

Edited by StriderSubzero

This upcoming hump day will be wild :D

I hope Amazon ships early, otherwise I may only get the CD by Monday, Oct 1st 😩

Edited by LIDL

1 hour ago, LIDL said:

This upcoming hump day will be wild :D

I hope Amazon ships early, otherwise I may only get the CD by Monday, Oct 1st 😩

I don’t expect to get it by Wednesday, but I’ll end up getting the iTunes release anyway because I won’t be able to wait. 

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

I don’t expect to get it by Wednesday, but I’ll end up getting the iTunes release anyway because I won’t be able to wait. 

Yeah, that or stream it will be a choice for me as well.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:40 PM, LIDL said:

Ya.

Hard Rock and Metal isn't even new being used for Anime opening. 

From the obvious Detroit Metal City, to  Deadman Wonderland, Darker Than Black, Durarara, Gundam 00, WataMote, Soul Eater, Mnemosyne, One Punch Man, and so on. 

So if someone says DEG new song sounds like anime opening, they might refered to this kind of sounds.

Thanks, I didn't know that. When I think of anime music I think of uverworld or Alice 9, so it was hard for me to think of DeG doing something like that

People who pre-ordered the album in Japan will be getting the album early today. Unfortunately this doesn’t apply to me since I’m back in my home country (US) until next year. I’m sure it will leak though.

Btw is there a vinyl release planned for this album? I regret not buying DSS on vinyl when I saw it years ago at a Hot Topic. I have a record player but I don’t even use it that often, I just prefer having the big artwork and stuff on a record over a small CD case that will probably just break anyway. 99% of the time if I’m actually listening it will be digital though since I have bad speakers for my record player.

The vinyl pressings of Uroboros and DSS aren't the best, but they're fun novelty items nonetheless. I've only spun them about once each.

I still need to know what material TIW is packaged in. If it's boring old glossy card paper I'll pass on the physical release but if it's some sort of space age parallax scratch-and-sniff hologram I'll be happy to buy it.

i know at least one of the band members lurks this place so I hope he reads this

The day is almost here! So if Japanese fans who pre-ordered the album are receiving it today, I'm guessing within the next 24 hours it will find its way online. Probably tomorrow afternoon.