Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

1 hour ago, Kelrya said:

You’re right it does say that, but it’s obviously not true for NoK. Maybe only certain parts were changed.

This sounds amazing. I’m loving the mathcore vibes on the second track. And 赫 sounds gorgeous.

Sound is amazing but lately , I want understand more about music industry.

I'm not sure why all these bands / solo artists uses always so  similar symbology:

or what about this? (English audio only )

why do they keep paying that high-profile gaijin mastering clinja to work on their albums if the final production sounds like THE BOTTOM OF CHAOS by their no-budget ex-labelmates rentrer en soi

I know the last thing one should do when it comes to DeG (or Sukekiyo for that matter) is creating a impression of something just from the samples, but I'm not feeling this at all. Maybe keeping low expectations for it might surprise me when I go to the real thing since I recall not digging what I heard from Arche back when the 10 seconds samples were released. The one I liked the best from the samples was "Phenomenon" and then the track was one completely different thing altogether.

Just let me get something off my chest, the rap-ish parts of Value of Madness are cringey af.

Also, the drumbeat on "Devote My Life" could work well on a country song lol. 

So,I guess this is what everyone including me expected,an accessible and fun album. Ningen and Utafumi finally feels like belongs to the right place. But there's something on Kyo's vocals, idk... Compared to DSS and Arche,his voice... I really don't know how to explain but it just feels different

36 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

why do they keep paying that high-profile gaijin mastering clinja to work on their albums if the final production sounds like THE BOTTOM OF CHAOS by their no-budget ex-labelmates rentrer en soi

Do we even know who produced and mastered this album yet?

Also that Cold Death 969 dude is literally all over every DEG video’s comment section. He’s that “they can do no wrong and Kyo is the ultimate vocalist” fan. 

58 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I love the production on The Bottom of Chaos

There was no production on Bottom of Chaos. Practically every song sounded different. 

DEG’s official YouTube channel just posted the shorter samples. The others were ripped from Tower Records. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Do we even know who produced and mastered this album yet?

yes! Gaijin Clinja is credited in the album booklet.

58 minutes ago, johnesh said:

I love the production on The Bottom of Chaos

good for you, but you know they fucked it up when their own facebook stans are dragging it based on the samples alone:

zj862S9.png

the samples....ITS (finally) OUT x

aka and the 7 minute song are all that i rlly like tho 💔

Edited by emmny

3 minutes ago, Saishu said:

For fuck’s sake, who are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure it's Tue Madsen again? the mastermind behind recent releases by VK legends Bataar and aspiring indie sensation we're talking about here.

The only thing I find disappointing about these samples is Kyo’s voice is layered to shit. It sounds like he has one or two extra voices mixed in, especially to help him with the higher parts. 

This is all much better than I thought, Celebrate Empty Howls and Downfall are most exciting to me! The whole second half of the album is going in a cool direction...