Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

Oh boy thanks!

Shinya did a radio interview yesterday. For some reason half the interview was about board games so I didn’t pay much attention to that part lol. But he said that the new album has three times as much energy as Arche and the drumming is super heavy. He also said that the writing was a collaborative effort between members and he doesn’t know who the main songwriter for each track is.

Edited by Kelrya

11 minutes ago, raspberrynilla said:

Can you direct me to them, please? I can't seem to find them 😓 sorry

He’s trolling. For some reason this is a meme here.

1 hour ago, Kelrya said:

He’s trolling. For some reason this is a meme here.

Oh.  Haha. Making me feel excited for no reason. 

Thank you for letting me know!

Edited by raspberrynilla

2 minutes ago, pingpongdream said:

軽蔑と始まり turns out not to be SE

I read that it’s one of the songs they’ve been playing live, along with Devote My Life and Values of Madness.

it's gotta be the poppy one in that case, those other titles don't sound like they'd fit the song at all haha

4 hours ago, Kelrya said:

But he said that the new album has three times as much energy as Arche and the drumming is super heavy. He also said that the writing was a collaborative effort between members and he doesn’t know who the main songwriter for each track is.

This makes me SO happy. 

The songs they already played live are 軽蔑と始まり (mode of DSS), Values of Madness (TOUR18 Shin Sekai) and Devote My Life (TOUR18 Wearing Human Skin), along with the three known songs of course.

soooo... 軽蔑と始まり = the super heavy song, Values of Madness = the poppy song, Devote My life = punk's not dead song? am i right?

2 minutes ago, Tokage said:

soooo... 軽蔑と始まり = the super heavy song, Values of Madness = the poppy song, Devote My life = punk's not dead song? am i right?

The poppier song is the same as the punk song. Devote my life is another fast and heavy one.

The song they played at mode of DSS reminds me of "Bring them to light", tempo-wise. It's entirely guttural, too. There's a slower, more melodic part in the middle. ~3 minutes long. // The Tour18 song has Toshiya providing backing growls. Kyo mostly sings with his normal voice. Again, fast paced tempo with a slower section in the middle, Kyo growls here. Some crazy gibberish in the latter half. The chorus has this "climax" thingy to it, that Kyo does in some songs. ~3:30 long. // Ranunculus is a ballad. Very slow and melodic.

Out of all those, Keibetsu is definitely the heaviest, closely followed by Utafumi. Haven't heard Devote My Life yet, though.

1 week until "The perfect hell", everyone.

I've been really enjoying seeing everyone get excited about this new album. It's great when DEG releases new work, because we get the trolls, and the die hard fans pooling together.

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing "Keibetsu" and "Aka" as whole tunes. 

Anyone else looking forward to any specific tracks??