Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

i love how we all jerk each other around here when it comes to DEG stuff, truly

^He's right though, other than like a line or two missing, the only things missing from the promo version is the intro and outro, which affects the pacing as you've all said. The intro's pretty dope tbh. But yeah, I counted and the version i have from kisou falls just a few seconds short of 5 minutes. So, its just another standard ballad

lets try to keep the peace 

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

I think you mean Anima?

ahh, anima as well, i forgot about that.

i meant zephyr of radio versions. i used to listen to that radio rip track like 100 times before the real deal came out, so i know.

Edited by platanity

Here is my summarized translation of Kaoru’s recent magazine interview. This is my first time doing this and some things are difficult to say perfectly in English but here it is.

The final tracklist wasn’t decided until the end of June. They are pushing this one close to the deadline.

Arche was made to be easy to understand.

People they have showed the album to have had various impressions or feelings of it (okay...).

They wanted to try to not overthink things this time with The Insulated World and make an album that is a bit rawer and more conducive to live shows. 

TIW is a bit rougher and has a feeling of momentum while still feeling like DEG.

Kaoru said he tries not to think too much about the future and his age and make every album as if it were the last, even though that’s not the plan.

When writing his songs for TIW, he tried more than usual to not make songs too Kaoru-ish and think more of the other members.

The interviewer was surprised that Ranunculus was written by Kaoru. Kaoru said he tried to suppress his personal style and write something different but doesn’t know how different it really is as it’s hard to judge for himself as the artist.

With DSS they tweaked and tinkered with the songs until they felt like they were perfect, but this time they tried to not do this too much and have the album have a more live feel.

The interviewer wanted to ask why he couldn’t listen to the full album (lol) but said that Ranunculus is so good that he can wait a little bit longer.

Edited by Kelrya

9 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

TIW is a bit tougher and has a feeling of momentum while still feeling like DEG.

Thanks for the translation! This was my initial response to Ranunculus: the song feels, as some have said, like an album closer; but the way it ends suggests to me that there is deeper consideration for how the album is laid-out and how it progresses. I wonder what Kaoru means by "tougher", is it possible for you to elaborate? Does the language specify tough in what way?

I really don't want to get my hopes up; but I can't help it. 

I accidentally wrote tougher when I meant rougher, I edited the original post.

IIRC Kaoru used the word 荒い which to me is a word I would use to describe TMOAB.

You know, Ranunculus really gives me hope for the album. It sounds like something new and different for once, unlike the last two singles. I doubt they're going to innovate with songwriting, but if they at least try a fresh new sound I'll be very happy.

16 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

I accidentally wrote tougher when I meant rougher, I edited the original post.

IIRC Kaoru used the word 荒い which to me is a word I would use to describe TMOAB.

Dare I say that I kind of feel this from Utafumi and Kaburu? I'm still moderately excited for the new album and I reckon Ranunculus will grown on me within the album itself, as had happened with pretty much all their singles since I've followed them with the exception of Rinkaku that hit home immediately. 

I caved and listened to Ranunculus. It's good. Definitely not bad... just kind of there.

So far, all three released songs are quite by-the-numbers. That's almost a quarter of the album. A bit concerning. Hopefully the rest will make up for it.

Lose all hope for previews but it should be OK, I suppose? We have waited for 4 years, 2 weeks would be nothing :D

I suddenly feel more hyped as it gets closer. 

4 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Is that stack of TVs in the Ranunculus PV playing a bunch of their past PVs?

I was wondering the same too. Looks like it. 

I almost shit my pants when I saw the samples pop up at the top of my YouTube feed just now.

Then I realized they were the samples for DSS Live at Nippon Budokan :(

12 days and still nothing. Gan-Shin told me that "it's up to the band", not sure how to understand that.

To me it sounds like they don't know more about possible teasers either.

But a band like DEG, their 10th album and NO teasers? Unimaginable.