Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

12 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Na. The 60 seconds teaser we got earlier was almost half the song. There isn't a lot (if anything) missing from this one.

I see. The song sounds like missing the oomph to me is all.

14 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

How can 60 seconds be half the song when even the shortened version is almost 4 minutes? 

I never said that it was half the song and I'm also not talking about the seconds. I meant that since the song essentially has two parts, along with intro and outro, we got (almost) half of it (2nd part, 2nd refrain, outro).

Compared to the live version I know, the promotional edit's intro is shorter. It's also missing a sentence between 2:20 and 2:25 and the ending is shorter.

It's nice but way too short for this kind of song, 5+ minutes would have been better. Idk how much they cutted off from the album ver. but it feels like something is missing, would have loved a beautiful guitar solo and a longer outro for example 

Edited by Kiryu999

Well that was a tad underwhelming. I know the song is shortened for promotional reasons, but it really feels like it's not "flowing" well. It's like a ballad version of "Revelation of Mankind". The individual parts are cool, but they don't lead too well into each other and everything just happens too fast for my sake. My fears with the production turned out to be real, the mix is pretty muddy (but I like how Shinya's drum triggering doesn't sound that obnoxious though and there isn't all the wacky reverb they drenched Arche in)

I must say Kyo's vocals are really really good considering he has been sounding like crap for the last years.

For people who are going into their concerts, do they show the entire MV or just the edit? And I don't think this version or the one that will come with the album are censored in any way because it's listed as "Promotion Ver." or something and not "Restricted Ver." which is how they label their censored material. They've done stuff far more disturbing/disgusting on clips that didn't had any censoring tbh (the carnivore insects of "Hageshisa", anyone?)

I'm disappointed there were no guts flying every direction after the bride exploded though :(

7 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

I'm disappointed there were no guts flying every direction after the bride exploded though :(

.... interesting 

but i agree with you of the song being "happening fast".

i feel that the chorus of this preview is missing a line, it feels like it has jumped from the build up

but this kind of editing happened before. like zephyr of sukekiyo.

Edited by platanity

Lately the trend has been to cut the first verse short, which makes the chorus always seem to appear out of nowhere. 

That they’ve even been edited such short songs doesn’t make any sense. The edit of Utafumi was released ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Lately the trend has been to cut the first verse short, which makes the chorus always seem to appear out of nowhere. 

This was my suspicion as well. There may be two verses before the first Chorus; but I have no idea.

I like it. The verses sound fresh for once, so I do hope we'll get a bit more verse on the album version. Chorus still sounds like an anime ED though.

10 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

I swear y'all have the same conversation every single time an official video for an album or Budokan release drops....How is MH not used to these promo edits by now?

We are. And every single time the edits cut out shit that make the transitions sound abrupt and unnatural. If that’s really not the case with Ranunculus then fuck Kaoru!

21 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

What baffles me more is that I explained three times that there's only one sentence missing, yet y'all hold your hopes up so high.

You'll be disappointed if you think there's more.

They’ve performed multiple versions of this song live with different lengths so who knows what the final version is like.

Did the song lenghts get posted anywhere? I remember they appearing on Tower Records' site before the release of Arche (or was it The Unraveling?) already

28 minutes ago, Envelion said:

Came here to see people complain about a beautiful new song, never disappointed.

If it makes you feel any better, it’s because Dir en grey are held to a higher standard than any other VK band. I would consider that a testament to their quality. 

This 'almost full' version is a lot more enjoyable than the initial preview made it out to be!

Video is still gorgeous, song's okay. It'll probably work better in album context.