Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

Does anyone remember if ARCHE leaked? If I remember correctly UROBOROS leaked, and maybe DSS; but with that I'm not entirely clear.

fun(?) fact:

ANDROGYNOS leaked

not the release, but the actual event

about one year before it took place

should the EU version of TIW be released on the same date, I'll buy and up it x

4 hours ago, geist said:

Does anyone remember if ARCHE leaked? If I remember correctly UROBOROS leaked, and maybe DSS; but with that I'm not entirely clear.

I don’t remember if Arche leaked, but I know DSS did. 

I leaked Uroboros. 

I think Arche leaked like two days early or something like that. Btw Kaoru did an interview with Ongaku to Hito. I haven’t read it but I was reading the 2ch thread and it sounds like the album is gonna be a cross between Arche and TMOAB.

3 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

I think Arche leaked like two days early or something like that. Btw Kaoru did an interview with Ongaku to Hito. I haven’t read it but I was reading the 2ch thread and it sounds like the album is gonna be a cross between Arche and TMOAB.

Hmmmmm...........Interesting. Current Dir with a blend of my intro DIR. This explains the random TMOAB track remake.

20 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I leaked Uroboros. 

Arrest this dude. 

I should add that Japanese is not my first language so I could not read everything perfectly but that was the gist of it. My girlfriend is Japanese though so I will see if she can double check it for me. The album will have a rougher energetic feel but in a way that is still DEG. Also Kaoru wrote Rununculus.

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

Artists should refrain from talking about what their new album is going to sound like, because most of the time they’re full of shit. 

Not sure what Japanese artists usually say but if we're going by Western rock/metal tropes this might just be the band's heaviest and most melodic record yet!!!

DIR EN GREY always say how their new release is supposed to show the new/true/current DIR EN GREY, or something along those lines.

I bet it's in the new interview(s) as well. It was on the mode of documentary, too. :D

20 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Not sure what Japanese artists usually say but if we're going by Western rock/metal tropes this might just be the band's heaviest and most melodic record yet!!!

I mostly recall Ruki just throwing out random comparisons to past albumswhem talking about a new one, but yeah, western artists are the worst with this. I think it was Dave Mustaine that recently boasted about the next Megadeth having blast beats. Who cares?! Or the dude from Disturbed. “Our next album will be our Black Album.” The fuck does that even mean? You’re already making radio friendly metal. 

whenever japanese bands are describing the sound of their upcoming release they always talk about vague shit like 'taking the listener into their world' and all that 

anyway, if more samples of some kind (or at least a full version of ranunculus) don't show up by the middle of next week imma riot