Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

I really like that clip! The aesthetic is so weird though. Some weird circus shit going on there. 

It's better then their last two singles~

edit: Damn, I wonder how much they paid P!nk to swing around the PV

Edited by evenor

Im feeling so lost with this release.I'm not vibing with nothing that has been revealed so far .the tracklist,that creepy artwork, and now this preview...only the re records on the disc 2 excites me.

Hope my thoughts can change when grab the whole piece

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

Im feeling so lost with this release.I'm not vibing with nothing that has been revealed so far .

Same, honestly (with regards to the actual music).

Boring sample, awesome visuals tho.

The aesthetic of that PV is really fucking nice, doesn't seem to fit the song at ALL though. Honestly actually kind of wondering what could warrant the need for a censored version, hope it's not just another edgy 'dude child abuse or creepy children/teens lol' plot honestly, they have too many of those already

Song itself seems to just be so-so based on the one minute here. The full song is supposed to change its tempo at certain parts, right?

Edited by Tokage

2 hours ago, Tokage said:

The aesthetic of that PV is really fucking nice, doesn't seem to fit the song at ALL though. Honestly actually kind of wondering what could warrant the need for a censored version, hope it's not just another edgy 'dude child abuse or creepy children/teens lol' plot honestly, they have too many of those already

Song itself seems to just be so-so based on the one minute here. The full song is supposed to change its tempo at certain parts, right?

Considering  Ningen’s video was censored because of cheesy CG gore, who knows. 

That song sounds great. Hopefully the rest of the song has that tempo/feel instead the usual explosive-growling-noise leading to slow chorus thing they've been doing for a long while. I also  really liked the previous two singles. ::shrug::

On 8/21/2018 at 11:05 PM, Seelentau said:

Hmm, I can try. This is from their live at 川崎CLUB CITTA' in November 2016:
It starts very quiet, with ambient sounds (Glockenspiel or something like that?). They sounds are coming in one by one until ~0:37, when the actual band starts to play.

The song starts off rather hard until at ~01:07, it calms down and vocals begin at ~01:24.

At 01:43, there's a shift in the music and at ~01:55 something like a high-point begins that goes on until ~02:20.

Then another verse with mellow, slower music until ~02:45, where the same shift from 01:43 is repeated (same lyrics "sono toki..." - "watashi no kokoro o").

Unlike at 01:55, this time, the ambient sounds appear again in the form of a piano/keyboard(?), or at least that's what it sounds like. A piano key again and again, like "dun dundun dundun dundun".

Then at ~03:10 "Ranunculus... Ranunculus...". Still ambient and piano thingy, very very mellow, reminds me of Kukoku no Kyoon.

At ~03:29, the ~01:55 part is repeated again, with the last verse following and some more "Ranunculus". It clocks in at ~05:00 total.

The version from April 2018 is a little different. Same ambient intro, but vocals start at ~00:35, the band joins him at ~01:00.

"Watashi no kokoro o" at ~01:07, followed by the high-point. Second verse at ~01:35, "watashi no kokoro o" at 02:07.

Ambient sounds again with "Ranunculus... Ranunculus...". The rest is the same as the other version, but they shortened the song by almost one minute, I think. But I can't pinpoint exactly what is missing or has changed, really.

I think it can be described as a ballad, but it's actually more of ballad-rock-ballad-rock. Nothing over-the-top like DECAYED CROW, but as I said, it kinda reminds me of Kukoku no Kyoon.

Or something like that.

The teaser matches this part of the song:

Unlike at 01:55, this time, the ambient sounds appear again in the form of a piano/keyboard(?), or at least that's what it sounds like. A piano key again and again, like "dun dundun dundun dundun".

You can hear the dun dundun right at the beginning, dunno what instrument that is.

The more recent live version ends after this part btw. So we basically know a little under half of the song now.

they didn't post a 15 second cryptic teaser with like 3 seconds of actual music this time tho, a real end of an era for this band.

I like how it's somewhat similar to the ain't afraid to die PV in terms of color choices and overall ambience, I'm not really excited about sony marketing treating them as gazette redux at this point. I'm also glad it's not on some cliche fake deep levels of cheese like utafumi video too.

3 hours ago, Tokage said:

it's either kyo-sama eating out some dwarf p*ssy on cam or something vaguely disgusting and visibly CG looking crawls out of his gown front hole

Let's all be honest here. Dir en grey has never had good-sounding samples since their inception. Most often, they chose the most mediocre part of their single and throw it online for fans to hate. Does it sound boring, yup. Will that reflect the rest of the album? hopefully not.

44 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Does anyone have the leak? It got taken down 🙄

It's still on vocaroo (where it was originally posted), I just decided to take it down from YouTube because well, it's obviously not cool. :D

That was pretty cool! I like the chord progression and the vocal melody is pretty creative. Curiously, this too reminds me more of Sukekiyo than DeG, this brings me to mind that song that closed Adoratio ("Hakudaku"?).

I agree with the visuals not matching the music at all though.

I’m ok with this. Tired of all the ooga booga screaming and growling and wheezing. Nice to hear Kyo just sing for once. And nothing else. 

12 hours ago, Zeus said:

Someone's stomach was getting pumped with air near the end of the teaser...maybe they explode?

Probably another one of Kyo's anti abortion themed stuffs. #ProLife

6 hours ago, kuyashii said:

That was pretty cool! I like the chord progression and the vocal melody is pretty creative. Curiously, this too reminds me more of Sukekiyo than DeG, this brings me to mind that song that closed Adoratio ("Hakudaku"?).

I agree with the visuals not matching the music at all though.

It reminded me of the end of Hakudaku too.

2 hours ago, Furik said:

I’m ok with this. Tired of all the ooga booga screaming and growling and wheezing. Nice to hear Kyo just sing for once. And nothing else. 

If you want this then just listen to sukekiyo.