Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

I’ve seen some people saying that the song that they originally played on the mode of DSS tour is similar to The Inferno and Midwife.

It's almost entirely guttural, lots and lots of screaming and growling. A lot resembles the "Bring them to light" performances back in the day.

I would say it's more The inferno than Midwife, because Midwife only become faster in its second half.

I love The Inferno except for Shinya’s drumming. I hope this new song resembles The Inferno but with better drumming. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Probably has to do it to cover up Shinya’s inconsistent “metal” drumming. 

What do you mean?

For the last 7 to 8 years (probably starting with DSS) Shinya’s drums sound like they’re programmed. When you consider that it seems like he has a hard time playing the heavier and faster songs at lives, it’s likely that they use some studio magic when they’re recording. 

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

For the last 7 to 8 years (probably starting with DSS) Shinya’s drums sound like they’re programmed. When you consider that it seems like he has a hard time playing the heavier and faster songs at lives, it’s likely that they use some studio magic when they’re recording. 

I've never believed he had a hard time playing anything. In fact, I've always loved him and believed he and Toshiya were the most skilled musicians in the band. And don't forget that he actually played faster than in studio during their classic 1999 Ousaka Jou live.  I'm interested in what you said, perhaps you could share somethin that gave you that point...

From kyotaku:

The new song (06) with a video including a man wearing a quite scary leather mask starts fast, I can already see a lot of headbanging at seated venues. Kyo mostly sang fast, but some parts had shouts/shrieks. The rythm/speed changed few times - like sprinting and then jumping high for a while to go sprinting again.

The new song (07) had a video with the images of several serial killers, there was also a line like お前、そして見下して (will try to confirm tomorrow) appearing several times; Kyo definitely sings 'omae’ repeatedly and that’s why the song had been code named 'omae’ 😁 This song is apparently the one they played during the mode of DSS, but I’ll be completely honest - I couldn’t remember it so it felt like a new new song 😅 it’s a fast one as well.

4 hours ago, blacktooth said:

I knew making an album geared for children would be too bold of a move for a band of this stature.

LOL got this the random thought of DEG doing Utada's Boku Wa Kuma after reading your post :tw_joy:

Edited by LIDL

On 8/5/2018 at 2:57 PM, Saishu said:

I think once ARCHE came around, he stopped or rarely botches the drums anymore tbh.

Like dude kills it on Uroko and that's a fast as fuck song, bro

On 8/4/2018 at 1:58 AM, Seelentau said:

I'm not sure why he calls it that. Personally, if I didn't know better, I wouldn't think it was a song by them. Not sure how to describe it, it's very "poppy", "up-beat"...? Dunno if those terms fit what I'm trying to say.

The song starts with guitars, then at 0:10, drums join and then the rest. Kyo starts singing at 0:22, first bridge(?) at 0:55 (I cannot love myself *Toshiya growl* x3), then chorus, then the song changes its beat at 1:28 (short Guitar strumming 4/4... I think? Like Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun). Second verse at 1:42, bridge (this time more gibberish) again at 2:03, followed by music only, refrain again at 2:32, then climax at 2:52, followed by a short Guitar riff, Kyo sings again and that's it. 3:30 long.

I was reading a live report in Japanese today and it was referred to as an anime song (アニソン) there as well lol.

5 hours ago, suji said:

yeah they might announce that when they put out those samples x

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

4 hours ago, Saishu said:

By the way what is up with Seraph? Is there still only that one boring song?

didn't they release an entire boring single or something; song just got the movie plug.

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

didn't they release an entire boring single or something; song just got the movie plug.

The single was just that one song!

8 hours ago, Ro plz said:

I think once ARCHE came around, he stopped or rarely botches the drums anymore tbh.

Like dude kills it on Uroko and that's a fast as fuck song, bro

Because Uroko’s drum part sounds like it came from Gauze. Hell, the blast beat is almost the same as the one in the opening of Zan!