Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

16 hours ago, Kelrya said:

There are death growls in Utafumi. 

He uses death growls TWICE on the entirety of Utafumi in the same spot each time lasting no more than 3 seconds each. That's why I said they're "virtually non existent". The current vocal style Kyo is going for is not necessarily something I'm a fan of either; but there's no doubt it's a significant departure from his work on Arche and a bit more than just a "left over", even if you don't happen to enjoy what they're going for.

Out of all the bands that performed in this year's LUNATIC FEST, DEG's performance was the only one that wasn't broadcasted on T.V.,so I was hoping it would show up as a bonus on one of their release sometime after the gig, but it doesn't look like we will ever get to see that,just like last year's lynch. Performance.

What a bummer.

4 hours ago, jon_jonz said:

Out of all the bands that performed in this year's LUNATIC FEST, DEG's performance was the only one that wasn't broadcasted on T.V.,so I was hoping it would show up as a bonus on one of their release sometime after the gig, but it doesn't look like we will ever get to see that,just like last year's lynch. Performance.

What a bummer.

Probably because they played a new song?

Many Japanese bands are also deeply averse to anything having to do with digital media because of the perception that people are just going to "steal" it if available online. 

It's kinda fucked up, because that's also one of the big reasons why Japanese bands are virtually non-existent in the West aside from a few staples: because of their unwillingness to explore digital media to get their names out there. I'm sure it also doesn't help much that many of these bands (Dir en grey included) are signed under the Sony umbrella, and they tend to run a tight ship and can be hard to deal with. For crying out loud, GazettE's "NINTH" wasn't released on iTunes Japan until a full week after release. 

3 hours ago, geist said:

. For crying out loud, GazettE's "NINTH" wasn't released on iTunes Japan until a full week after release. 

This is hilarious considering it was on US iTunes on day one.

Yeah, it's a super lame reason. Worst than that was the fact that they didn't broadcast lynch.'s gig back in the day just because one of their members was caught smoking some joints.

Album tracklist:

DISC 1 : Blu-spec CD2
01. 軽蔑と始まり
02. Devote My Life
03. 人間を被る
04. Celebrate Empty Howls
05. 詩踏み
06. Rubbish Heap
07. 赫
08. Values of Madness
09. Downfall
10. Followers