Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

Really excited for this!!! To be honest, I was hoping for a more progressive and experimental album, but this in-your-face approach seems nice. Some songs seem to have mallcore riffing and even some mathcore patterns going on. I just hope there's room for laidback and atmospheric parts too and this is not just total violence. If they are going for something like 'The Marrow of a Bone' but they manage to make the heavy songs interesting, then I'm sold!

So '絶縁体' is going to be an epic track? GREAT! That's exactly what I wanted. If it is like 'Vinushka' or 'Diabolo's, then I'm happy. I hope there's lots of variety on the album: that's something that I found great about 'ARCHE'. If they can pull a varied album that's 50 minutes (as speculated) long and with no filler, maybe we could be getting the best Dir en grey album in years!

'Values of Madness' sounds like 'Chain Repulsion' part 2. It's fun, weird and has a big chorus: It's very clear they were going for a more 'live songs' thing, and it really works. On the other hand, I've always loved 'THE DEEPER VILENESS' (one of the few heavy songs on 'The Marrow...' that I truly enjoy). Seems they are giving it a great treatment. '理由' has me really pumped too! 

Kyo sounds better on the Ash live version than he does on the studio version lmao. The scream rapping on Values of Madness reminds me of Maximum the Hormone. The new vocals on Utafumi are fine but will take some getting used to after listening to the single a million times. It’s nice to actually be able to hear the guitar riff for once. Did they replace the guitar with synth in the Kigan intro? It’s hard to tell with the low quality. Also why does the electronic sounding intro sound so quiet in the Values of Madness sample compared to the radio edit version... I liked that stomping feel.

Edited by Kelrya

I’m in love. This album is going to be a treat. This might end up being their best album in a LONG time. So glad they are going back to their rawer sound. Faux VK bands just haven’t been doing it for me and Deg are doing just THAT. 

Not sure if this is a known fact already (couldn't find it on the last couple pages) but here are the song lengths from Tower Records:

01. 軽蔑と始まり - 00:03:12
02. Devote My Life - 00:02:46
03. 人間を被る - 00:03:44
04. Celebrate Empty Howls - 00:03:22
05. 詩踏み - 00:03:07
06. Rubbish Heap - 00:03:06
07. 赫 - 00:03:58
08. Values of Madness - 00:03:30
09. Downfall - 00:02:49
10. Followers - 00:04:40
11. 谿壑の欲 - 00:04:29
12. 絶縁体 - 00:07:20
13. Ranunculus - 00:04:24

Full length is 50 mins.

Gonna skip the samples/advance track and wait for the full thing, although it's a bit hard, heh.

First off, Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure if I'm going to be stoked on this album given the samples. (Arche will be hard to top for me)

But they are just samples after all, so a good hooky chorus might change my mind.

The second half of the album is definitely more my speed, though I gotta admit, the rap part in Value of Maddness had me shocked.

Which one of these was "go mad"? Ya know the song everyone was saying was an "anime" song?

values of madness sounds like a very bad machiavellism reconstruct.

new utafumi is bad, new kigan is awful, I'm not feeling any of the heavy tracks at all, 赫 is a nice blend of WTD and rinkaku styles.

I like that 谿壑の欲 and 絶縁体 sort of aim for a macabre/kisou-era feeling (flopping band desperately trying to pull their legacy stans back again?).

wXbtSZ5.png

I hope Kaoru is proud that this is the state of their western fanbase he's p much created single-handedly* x

*no ableist puns intended!!

21 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

values of madness sounds like a very bad machiavellism reconstruct.

new utafumi is bad, new kigan is awful, I'm not feeling any of the heavy tracks at all, 赫 is a nice blend of WTD and rinkaku styles.

I like that 谿壑の欲 and 絶縁体 sort of aim for a macabre/kisou-era feeling (flopping band desperately trying to pull their legacy stans back again?).

wXbtSZ5.png

I hope Kaoru is proud that this is the state of their western fanbase he's p much created single-handedly* x

*no ableist puns intended!!

It’s okay to like things. You should try it. Just once.

Edited by Kelrya

30 minutes ago, Envelion said:

First off, Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure if I'm going to be stoked on this album given the samples. (Arche will be hard to top for me)

But they are just samples after all, so a good hooky chorus might change my mind.

The second half of the album is definitely more my speed, though I gotta admit, the rap part in Value of Maddness had me shocked.

Which one of these was "go mad"? Ya know the song everyone was saying was an "anime" song?

Values of Madness. 

11 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Both Ningen wo Kaburu and Utafumi has re-recorded vocals according to the official video description

You’re right it does say that, but it’s obviously not true for NoK. Maybe only certain parts were changed.

This sounds amazing. I’m loving the mathcore vibes on the second track. And 赫 sounds gorgeous.

Edited by Kelrya