Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

I Love the Visual Kei Era too, Actually I Love All DIR EN GREY Music.... I don't care the visual looks i just enjoy the art....I have 5 Years since become a fan and just absorb Everything of this band.... But always we gonna love more an albums than others...

¿What do you think of the Album @Seelentau ?

40 minutes ago, platanity said:

not necessary a homophobic here (considering i had a few friends in my life),

but i still cant perceive a grown man wearing skirts and with glittery femme make-ups -- even after 20 years of enjoying japanese rock.

i loved old-school dir en grey --- just without imagining them with those attires. 

Well that was a hell of a spin on it. I mean out of all the things that could have put you off to that era the VK attire was it? Ok

Good to know that there is support for D.E.G.'s older discography.

On another note I recommend everyone who is currently on the fence about  The Insulated World to give a listen in the car. For some reason it translates better for me (at least). The sound carries better and I found it easier to discern the rhythms especially for the first half of the album. 

1 hour ago, The Moon said:

clearly

HAH ! never thought my comment could've directed in that way.

i was just being cautious of making a comment for a straight guy having gay friends.

it's still pretty much of an issue still from where i live, so trust me, i need to be careful of these.

talking of artistry, it's just a taste. i like these, i dont like those.

can we just move along ? i have never expected my comment bring these little controversy :)

sometimes i am compelled to speak, but i forget to just shut up and look away --- lesson learned.

Edited by platanity

A weird request but for the kind souls who bought "the insulated world" album, could you please private message me a photo of the slip found in the album that shows the QR code & Passcode (random 6 character code under the QR code)?

I intend to attend to concert on 20th Mar 2019 and the code provides priority to purchase the tickets for that day. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated; thanks in advance!

For some reason disc 2 is much lower volume than disc 1. Idk if this is the rip (it sounds high quality besides the low volume) or the fact that it had different engineers. I still think it’s weird that disc 2 isn’t on iTunes.

27 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

For some reason disc 2 is much lower volume than disc 1. Idk if this is the rip (it sounds high quality besides the low volume) or the fact that it had different engineers. I still think it’s weird that disc 2 isn’t on iTunes.

The numbers aren't too different though. Replay gain for disc one is -12.13dB and -11.72dB for disc two.

I just realized that you were probably talking about the MP3 rip posted in this thread... those numbers might not apply to that since they're from my own rip. 🙈 

Edited by VESSMIER

10 hours ago, Kelrya said:

Kyo uses alternate Kanji all the time. Like I said I just copied and pasted those lyrics. I don’t have the booklet.

Here's that page in the booklet for those wondering about Wake and kanji: 

PShf9Ir.jpg

6 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I uh... dare I say this is the first time DEG has truly sounded heavy without sounding like they’re struggling? Like, seriously, that sludgy riff in Keigaku no Yoku is fucking HEAVY. 

Keibetsu to Hajimari had me shook upon first listen, and Zetsuentai just really opened things up at the end of the album. This album is just the craziest work.

9 hours ago, Saishu said:

What? Kanji ARE Chinese characters. 

I know. But not all Hanji are Kanji and in the lyrics wikia version of the Wake lyrics, they use Hanji (exclusively Chinese characters).

9 hours ago, pingpongdream said:

It sounds 今は抱き締めてたい even to my Japanese ears. 

Hmm, sometimes the lyrics are weird. I checked the band score already, but there's no て there, either.

7 hours ago, ZudokatoKuroO said:

I Love the Visual Kei Era too, Actually I Love All DIR EN GREY Music.... I don't care the visual looks i just enjoy the art....I have 5 Years since become a fan and just absorb Everything of this band.... But always we gonna love more an albums than others...

¿What do you think of the Album @Seelentau ?

It's alright. I've listened to it nine times now, I think, and while it doesn't have the depth of my favourite album ARCHE, there are still new things to discover here and there.

But then again, I don't have an ear for music, so I can't say much about the production or anything like that. It's not their best album, but it's definitely one to enjoy live.

Edited by Seelentau

Just got notification that my copy of the album is arriving today, so anyone else still waiting for their orders, have hope!

5 hours ago, StriderSubzero said:

Here's that page in the booklet for those wondering about Wake and kanji: 

PShf9Ir.jpg

Thanks. I wonder where those lyric wikia lyrics came from...

16 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Also, I haven't been active on lyrics wikia for two years,

I actually left the lyrics wikia because their two or three sysops have some serious power issues. You can see most of it on my talk page there.

So yeah, that's why the DEG wiki came into existence. There, I can be my own sysop, edit how and what I want and don't have to answer to anyone.

Plus, I personally went through all booklets and almost all band scores to correct the lyrics. Some still have mistakes because I don't own the band scores (or there are none), but the bulk of lyrics are correct. Plus I can add whatever other information I want.

sry for off-topic uwu

5 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Same here. 

Mine arrived an hour ago. It breezed through customs in less than a day. Is your copy still en route?

Edited by geist

On 9/27/2018 at 7:18 PM, geist said:

That’s like taking Michelangelo’s Last Judgement and saying the models are too buff so you re-draw them all with slender physiques. 

At some point the total package is truly no longer their own. 

Believe it or not, but some fucking weirdos actually listen to music for the sake of the music, the sound the bands or artists make, rather than the lyrical content or meaning behind the songs. Crazy shit I know, but that is actually the truth. Some people actually go so far they judge music based on the music, and not how deep or well-written the lyrics are. What a mess of a world we're living in. Complete and utter insanity amirite?