Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

2 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Not trying to be mean or anything but what exactly are you refering to?

http://j-lyric.net/artist/a00b5b9/l013c67.html

There's not a single outdated or alternate kanji here, as a matter of fact it's a pretty easy lyric to understand and read. 

Those are the lyrics written in modern kanji. 

理由

8月5日土曜日 空に云は无く
ビルの最上阶から 気付けば别れを告げて
8月3日木曜日 仆の心に伤が
6度目の伤 ズタズタになり全て壊れてしまえ 全て

出会って初めて気付いた 自分の愚かさを
人を信じられないまま 人を伤付けていると
何故また仆は君の事を 惩りずに爱するの
こうして仆は爱する事を 忘れられない様だ
でも
信じる事は幸く 気付かれない様に
独りで泣いていた 君に分からぬ様

これ以上 これ以上は 伤付きたくない
でも今だけは君だけを爱していたかった

忘れようとした时もあるけど 今は抱き缔めたい

信じる事が幸く 君の过去を知った
忘れられないのは 君の方なのに

これ以上 これ以上は 伤付きたくない
でも君だけを 力强く抱きしめられない

8月5日 晴れた云の无い空の中で
もう最后だね 地面に広がる自分を见つめ

「君を抱いて」「君を见つめ」「君を爱し」「君は想う」

Edited by Kelrya

I know the difference obviously, I just copied and pasted this. I’m saying that he used some old Chinese characters instead of the ones used in modern Japanese. I got these lyrics from a lyric wiki that you are a the top contributor on...

Some sites have it written one way and some the other so I don’t know which way is official.

Edited by Kelrya

Nobody is acting pretentious. Those lyrics are simply wrong. Why would a Japanese band use Chinese characters in the first place, anyway?

Also, I haven't been active on lyrics wikia for two years, but I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

今は抱き締めたい always confuses me because it sounds like 今は抱き締めてたい to my gaijin ears ><

It sounds 今は抱き締めてたい even to my Japanese ears. 

20 hours ago, LIDL said:

I would assume you are becoming a fan after listening to Vinushka too. :P

Not for VINUSHKA, for THE BLOSOMING BEELZEBUB but actually Vinushka is my favorite song....

Anyone has a CD-Rip for the DISC 2 OF The Insulated World?

The album is great but it’s having the same 2 issues as Gazette’s Ninth did. The mix is not so great(even worse than ninth), and there are no standout tracks on the album. I’ve come to enjoy Ningen wo Kaburu and Ranunculus even though I didn’t like them at first. These are my favorites so far

Followers,

Aka,

Zetsuentai,

Keigaku no yoku

13 minutes ago, Ozileras10 said:

The album is great but it’s having the same 2 issues as Gazette’s Ninth did. The mix is not so great(even worse than ninth), and there are no standout tracks on the album. I’ve come to enjoy Ningen wo Kaburu and Ranunculus even though I didn’t like them at first. These are my favorites so far

Followers,

Aka,

Zetsuentai,

Keigaku no yoku

I’ve discovered that both Ninth and The Insulated World sound best in my car, but I’m general you should try boosting the treble a bit, it brightens things up. 

TIW really starts to open after several listens. Initially the first six tracks sort of bleed together, but eventually it meant to be just an energetic “Side A” (with Aka) closing it out). There’s really strong songwriting here, and I think all the talk of it being more simplified and direct was misleading. Given that the common theme in the lyrics is that Kyo just wants to fucking die, the almost suffocating and claustrophobic mix seems fitting. It’s like you’re locked in a tight room with Kyo’s mind and it’s uncomfortable as fuck. 

I’d place it somewhere in the bottom of my top 5 DEG albums right now. 

1 hour ago, blacktooth said:

The real question is: does this commercial still fit in with the theme of The Insulated World?

it does!

dude gets a brutal (like papa Kaoru's guitar riff) sunstroke and the whole album from there on is his hallucinatory descent happening entirely inside of his headspace (cue "the insulated world") where horned daddy feeds him human flesh and little ppl hand out free abortions if he wears a beautiful bridal gown.

original.gif

10 hours ago, LEY said:

Why do so many fans throw dust at "Kisou" and "MACABRE"?

internalized homophobia hun x

Edited by nekkichi

7 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

internalized homophobia hun x

not necessary a homophobic here (considering i had a few friends in my life),

but i still cant perceive a grown man wearing skirts and with glittery femme make-ups -- even after 20 years of enjoying japanese rock.

i loved old-school dir en grey --- just without imagining them with those attires. 

10 minutes ago, platanity said:

but i still cant perceive a grown man wearing skirts and with glittery femme make-ups -- even after 20 years of enjoying japanese rock.

i loved old-school dir en grey --- just without imagining them with those attires. 

you'd rather have them naked, just admit it x

((we stan a Dwarf queen))

13 minutes ago, platanity said:

me reading this post:

e5e23c757bc52eada10989b3ed173392.jpg 

14 minutes ago, platanity said:

when you've known vk for 20 years and still haven't learned the most basic thing

21 minutes ago, platanity said:

oD2TpSu.jpg