Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

9 hours ago, Ro plz said:

These remakes are fucking trash. And a lot of that has to do with the production. Holy crap....

I hate A good bit of The unraveling remakes but at least with Tue Madsen’s work, they were listenable. This is just god awful. And yet y’all bickered for almost two pages about how “bad” the first disk’s production is. 

This is crazy talk! The remakes have far better mixing than the actual album!

Now for real talk: I ain’t happy with the Kigan remake, but hey it’s nice to be able to hear an actual riff in that song now. Kisou sounds like a turd wrapped in tin foil, so now I want the band to just re-record the entire album. 

12 minutes ago, LIDL said:

Kyo always does that double meaning words. It's tsumi to batsu/mitsu no tsuba all over again :D

Then there’s “fukai”, which takes on several different meanings all because of the kanji Kyo used. 

Those remakes are more listenable than the album but I didn't really see much purpose on them. They sound roughly the same than their original counterparts  (my hypothesis: They were considered for inclusion on Vestige of Scratches but got ditched - maybe that would explain the different production than the album?). I know how controversial the "it's barely the same song" 2008-2013 remakes were but god I love those.

I'm surprised "Kigan" got so much hate because it was the one I liked the most. (Lol at that lame attempt at a whistle shriek and Shinya will most likely flub that drum fill on the "Death Education" part :P I'm not really a fan of the original so I think this is a slight improvement?

I don't really listen to any other version of "Wake/Riyuu"  than the one from Blitz 5 Days (and I only listen to that one when I want to feel really miserable). I like the production on Macabre so I think mix-wise this is the only track that got a downgrade on that regard. Overall it's just bland and emotionless (like what they did with the "Kasumi" or "The Final" remakes. Everything is there but the passion just isn't. The breakdown-y bit during the solo was kinda cute.

I don't like the original "The Deeper Vileness" either so I think this is slightly better but it's nothing sort of groundbreaking. I suppose it will work better live?

Good God, I hate that album cover, it's a jumpscare everytime I scroll a page

1 hour ago, mopkins said:

probably the worst case of it since ryoujoku no ame for me

Oh god yes. I never listen to the album version of this song. I loved the single version so much, I don't know why they couldn't just leave it alone.

9 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

Iirc, Fukai and Beautiful Dirt was mixed by one guy, and The IIID Empire by another.
@Seelentau, plz, show that credit thingy for VoS.

Fukai - Jacob Hansen

THE IIID EMPIRE - Jay Ruston

Beautiful Dirt - Jacob Hansen

Jens Bogren mixed Zan and Hageshisa on VOS / the respective singles.

22 minutes ago, Paraph said:

Oh god yes. I never listen to the album version of this song. I loved the single version so much, I don't know why they couldn't just leave it alone.

And Clever Sleazoid. Album version is complete ASSSSSSSSS!!!

worst part is I can’t replace it with the single version because Deeper Vileness fades into Sleazoid 

Edited by Saishu

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

And Clever Sleazoid. Album version is complete ASSSSSSSSS!!!

worst part is I can’t replace it with the single version because Deeper Vileness fades into Sleazoid 

Hageshisa to... also, the single version >>>>>>>>>>

I hate having almost data, i need to listen to these remakes, like now.

Who has the ability to wrap them up for a guy?

Also, Hot Takes for Hot Cakes:

I've been listening to this album through my Harmon Kardon monitors, EQ'd so there's a bit more on the high end, and it sounds incredible for it. 

14 minutes ago, EzraEroguro said:

I hate having almost data, i need to listen to these remakes, like now.

Who has the ability to wrap them up for a guy?

Also, Hot Takes for Hot Cakes:

I've been listening to this album through my Harmon Kardon monitors, EQ'd so there's a bit more on the high end, and it sounds incredible for it. 

Agreed, I also like EQing the high end up a bit. 

4 hours ago, Kelrya said:

I use “riyuu” when speaking in Japanese (my gf is Japanese and I’ve never heard her pronounce it “wake”) but the song itself is definitely supposed to be pronounced “wake”. The Japanese fan community cares a lot about the correct pronunciation and checks the reading Kyo uses.

4 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

It's because Wake is generally written with a different kanji (訳) although it carries the same meaning as Riyuu. 

Reminded me of deadman's "follow the night light" lyrics. "Wake" in the first line "wake nara hanasenai..." was actually written as 理由なら話せない.

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Working on an alternate track list. I think Keibetsu is a bad way to open things up. 

But that was the artistic intention of the band. Kyo specifically wanted that song first because of the lyrical content fitting thematically with the development of the album. 

Seems strange you’d want to alter that. 

8 minutes ago, geist said:

But that was the artistic intention of the band. Kyo specifically wanted that song first because of the lyrical content fitting thematically with the development of the album. 

Seems strange you’d want to alter that. 

Wasn’t aware of that, but it doesn’t change the fact that I don’t it works as an opener musically. 

1 minute ago, Saishu said:

Wasn’t aware of that, but it doesn’t change the fact that I don’t it works as an opener musically. 

That’s like taking Michelangelo’s Last Judgement and saying the models are too buff so you re-draw them all with slender physiques. 

At some point the total package is truly no longer their own. 

11 hours ago, ZudokatoKuroO said:

I like the new album, it's not my favorite of them but i like it...

My Personal Top DIR EN GREY Albums:

01-UROBOROS [Remastered & Expanded]

02-DUM SPIRO SPERO

03-The Insulated World

04-ARCHE

05-THE MARROW OF A BONE

06-Withering to death.

07-Kisou

08-VULGAR

09-MACABRE

10-GAUZE

And  for now this is my TIW TOP TRACKS:

01-Zetsuentai

02-Keigaku No Yoku

03-Aka

04-Celebrate Empty Howls

05-Followers

06-Downfall

07-Ranunculus

08-Utafumi

09-Ningen Wo Kaburu

10-Keibetsu To Hajimari

11-Values Of Madness

12-Devote My Life

13-Rubbish Heap

PD: I LOVE ALL REMAKES, SPECIALLY The Deeper Vilness. :D

Why do so many fans throw dust at "Kisou" and "MACABRE"? I Know it boils down to a difference of opinion and I get that its old and not D.E.G's current sound but dont tell me you cant play either album and get some good nostalgia out of them.

All I gotta say is that this is the first time I'm actually struggling with listening to a new DIR EN GREY album all the way through, and it's not because of songwriting / performing issues. The overall 'sound' is just so so noisy and dense it just feels tiring to listen to. I don't know what they were thinking but wow...

Edited by Jigsaw9

30 minutes ago, geist said:

That’s like taking Michelangelo’s Last Judgement and saying the models are too buff so you re-draw them all with slender physiques. 

At some point the total package is truly no longer their own. 

Seriously? 

I’m changing the track list for myself. Shifting some files around on my laptop isn’t going to alter the experience for anybody else. The original body of work is still out there for hundreds of thousands of people to enjoy, including myself. It’s just a fun little experiment. I did the same thing with Arche. 

52 minutes ago, LEY said:

Why do so many fans throw dust at "Kisou" and "MACABRE"? I Know it boils down to a difference of opinion and I get that its old and not D.E.G's current sound but dont tell me you cant play either album and get some good nostalgia out of them.

I didn't know people did that but, personally as a fan since 2004ish, I always thought Macabre was a lot weaker than people made it out to be. The consensus used to be that Macabre was far-and-away their greatest album.

Kisou confused me the first time I listened to it, because it was so long and diverse I thought it was some kind of greatest hits album. It might be my favorite album of theirs, though.

5 hours ago, LEY said:

If it makes you feel any better, Kisou is my fav DEG album. 

11 hours ago, Kelrya said:

The lyrics to 理由 have so many outdated alternate Kanji that my gf can’t even read it. 

Not trying to be mean or anything but what exactly are you refering to?

http://j-lyric.net/artist/a00b5b9/l013c67.html

There's not a single outdated or alternate kanji here, as a matter of fact it's a pretty easy lyric to understand and read.