Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

15 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

Better than the MIDI kit sound if you ask me.

Yeah, without a doubt. I still wish he was a little more foreword in the mix though. 

Anyone actually received their preorder yet? I chose DHL Express and my is expected tomorrow...

I actually assumed it would be here already today since CDJapan shipped it yesterday morning (Japan time)

Edited by sebbivism

18 minutes ago, sebbivism said:

Anyone actually received their preorder yet? I chose DHL Express and my is expected tomorrow...

I actually assumed it would be here already today since CDJapan shipped it yesterday morning (Japan time)

I ordered EMS, mine also shipped yesterday, and the last update is that it arrived at the Tokyo outward office today. It’s probably on a plane right now and will arrive in NYC (east coast here) in the next day, and take an additional 2 days to be delivered. I’m expecting it on Saturday, is my best guess. 

Oh man the remakes are great. Not too different but still awesome. The new ending to 理由 is so beautiful, I just wish it didn’t fade out so soon.

There are still people who think that song's name is "Riyuu"? 🤨

Anyway, the part at the end of Wake appears to be:

後悔なんてしていない // Kōkai nante shite inai

俺も俺の一つさ // Ore mo ore no hitotsu sa

惨めに後悔を愛するよりはましだろ? // Mijime ni kōkai o aisuru yori wa mashidaro?

君を失くし // Kimi o nakushi

Edited by Seelentau

THE DEEPER VILENESS fucking destroyed me as I expected

just wish they turned up his growls during the i dont even think of you as my friend part, they coulda been monstrous but felt a little underwhelming to me

9 minutes ago, matthazell said:

THE DEEPER VILENESS fucking destroyed me as I expected

just wish they turned up his growls during the i dont even think of you as my friend part, they coulda been monstrous but felt a little underwhelming to me

Yeah for some reason the growls are mixed like on the original Uroboros release. Also his voice noticeably cracks towards the beginning of that growling part (this happens somewhere else on the album too but I forget where). I’ve been doing harsh vocals for a long time so I can tell exactly what happened there and I have no idea why he wouldn’t do another take besides wanting it to sound raw or imperfect on purpose. Or just not caring

I’ve recently found that this whole album sounds a lot better on my phone speaker somehow lol.

I think it happens on... Utafumi? In the last half? I had the same thought an hour or so ago, while correcting the lyrics on the wiki. Definitely noticeable.

That channel also uploaded the three live tracks btw.

These remakes are fucking trash. And a lot of that has to do with the production. Holy crap....

I hate A good bit of The unraveling remakes but at least with Tue Madsen’s work, they were listenable. This is just god awful. And yet y’all bickered for almost two pages about how “bad” the first disk’s production was? 

The biggest offense here is that minus The deeper vileness ( because there were barely any changes), we’re now stuck with them playing these horrid new versions of Wake and Kigan. Those two tracks did not need to be touched at all.

Thank Zordon for the Mode of DVDS. 

Listened to the album today on my garbage cellphone with the worst earbuds I've got... And I'm amazed but how good it sounds!

Normally, I would listen to most modern albums at full volume (95% or 100%), but I'm listening to 'The Insulated World' at about 70% loud and it sounds really good. The guitars don't overwhelm the drums and everything sounds controlled. The snare cracks really good and there's some good dynamics between each instrument.

Also, I would always listen albums at 95%/100% in order to avoid any external noises bleeding into my ears, but 70% is enough for this album. This is REALLY weird. I'm surprised that I got the best listened experience for the album with the worst audio settings ever...

I'm digging 'The Deeper Vileness' remake! I was really excited for it as it is one of the few heavy tracks on 'The Marrow of a Bone' that I enjoy. It's basically the same song, but I like how they made it more agressive. Kyo's growls are amazing!

The other remakes don't do much for me, but they are ok. Regarding their engineering I think it's ok but not really good... But still, not as bad as on the actual album! I'm really dissapointed tough, because Jens Bogren is one of my favourite metal producers/engineers EVER, and I had really high hopes... But well, either is his fault for doing some lazy engineering or it's the band's: maybe the original audio tracks are not that good...

Just now, blacktooth said:

Something about the remakes made me feel uneasy. Auditory uncanny valley or what have you. Something so familiar, but something is just... off.

That’s how I feel about the new versions of the singles from this album. I can’t tell if they are better or worse, it’s just jarring when I’m expecting a line to be delivered one way and it’s different. The gang vocals on Utafumi are really bad though but I like vocals at the very end after the final chorus better I think.