Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

1 hour ago, blacktooth said:

i know at least one of the band members lurks this place so I hope he reads this

I really doubt it. I don’t think any of them even speak English at a functional level.

1 hour ago, geist said:

The day is almost here! So if Japanese fans who pre-ordered the album are receiving it today, I'm guessing within the next 24 hours it will find its way online. Probably tomorrow afternoon.

Going by the 2ch thread it will probably be online within the next 12 hours. People got emails last night saying they’d be delivered today.

im still not sure how to feel about that fucking rap section in values of madness but i absolutely love the intro to that song

I can't remember how quickly we got Arche, but haven't Japan's copyright laws been bolstered over the past few years? Unless we've got some real internet bad boys out in Nihon, I'm not going to get my hopes up about being able to listen to it before Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

I can't remember how quickly we got Arche, but haven't Japan's copyright laws been bolstered over the past few years? Unless we've got some real internet bad boys out in Nihon, I'm not going to get my hopes up about being able to listen to it before Wednesday.

Arche leaked like immediately after coming out in Japan.

3 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

Arche leaked like immediately after coming out in Japan.

I suppose Dir en grey is enough of a phenomenon that Japanese people have a different sense regarding copyright laws when it comes to them.

2 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

I suppose Dir en grey is enough of a phenomenon that Japanese people have a different sense regarding copyright laws when it comes to them.

In my experience people in Japan are definitely more hesitant to leak stuff online, but DEG is popular enough that there’s gonna be at least one person who doesn’t care. They are probably more uptight about recording concerts.

Considering that the album will be available on streaming services, I wonder which timezone they use for its release on the services...

For me, Japan is seven hours ahead, would I still be able to listen to it online even though it's still the 25th for me, tomorrow?

And wouldn't it be possible to somehow rip those streamed songs in some way? I don't stream music, so I have no clue how it works.

Going by the fact it's a Japanese band I'm putting my money on Japan's time zone.
(Or maybe they'll be nice and make it Aussie time-zone, saves us an hour.)

Edited by NICKT