Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

1 minute ago, Saishu said:

It’s kind of funny because very few people really seemed to be excited until recently. Maybe no samples was the way to go. 

Our Queens wanted us to burn with anticipation.

Ladies and Gentlemen; DIR EN GREY's new album the insulated world will be available on streaming websites as well! So - no excuses guys, promise to us that you'll give it a listen! (do we even have to ask you to...? )

Really anticipating this. I like the singles so far and ARCHE ended up being one of my favorite modern Diru releases (I think I like it more than Marrow, Uroboros, and DSS, honestly). I don't know why, but I have a feeling this one is going to be something special.

28 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Including Tidal? Because at the moment the only thing on there is Uroboros, Uroboros live at Budokan, DSS, and oddly enough the Different Sense single. 

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

It’s kind of funny because very few people really seemed to be excited until recently. Maybe no samples was the way to go. 

i am not a big fan of previews or samples. to be frank, i dont really care if there are samples or not.

for very few cases in the past, i listened to the samples waaaay too much before the real thing came out,

which it end up making the real deal an ancient in spite i have not listened to the whole record.

i think dogma was one of them..maybe add a couple of few

i am, however, very looking forward of next week's wednesday

It is good that DEG will get this album on streaming services, I am not an user, but I understand there lots who does so it is cool for them.

About the samples, sometimes it can be misleading but I guess it is just curiosity that need to be sated. 

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Including Tidal? Because at the moment the only thing on there is Uroboros, Uroboros live at Budokan, DSS, and oddly enough the Different Sense single. 

Thats almost the same thing they have on Spotify. Although for some reason they have WTD but not MOB

Were the song-lenghts mentioned anywhere? I remember the ones from The Unraveling being listed on Tower Records site back then. The ones from Arche also were posted somewhere because I remember someone from the brazilian DeG FB group I used to be in posting the wikipedia link with all songs written with their lenghts already.

I'm like 90% sure the album won't have any longer song but one can dream, right :P

If it's around 50 minutes, let's do some math.

Ningen is 3:45 (3.75 for math's sake)

Ranunculus is about 4 mins

Utafumi is 3:11 (3.25 for math's sake)

Subtract those, we're left with 39 minutes distributed between 10 songs. That leaves us with an average track length of about 3:50

Unless there's a few 1 minute songs, it doesn't look like there will be any Vinushka's in here.

Well, if Gan Shin is going to release the new album on streaming services, they really need to get their shit together and at least have some of their back catalog too. Arche would be a nice album to actually stream and I’m pretty sure they were responsible for releasing the physical versions. 

WtD and Marrow were both 50 minutes and the songs ranged from 2 and a half minutes to 5 minutes. Y’all need to chillllll. 

I seem to remember people being disappointed there were no epics on Arche even though the damn thing is 16 tracks and about 70 minutes. Maybe the Macabre remake was the be all end all of DEG monster prog songs. 

19 minutes ago, Saishu said:

WtD and Marrow were both 50 minutes and the songs ranged from 2 and a half minutes to 5 minutes. Y’all need to chillllll. 

I seem to remember people being disappointed there were no epics on Arche even though the damn thing is 16 tracks and about 70 minutes. Maybe the Macabre remake was the be all end all of DEG monster prog songs. 

But WtD had 14 songs. 

So, I think that maybe one new song will be longer than 5 minutes.

Edited by EvilHippy
Derp, was wrong about tmoab

I don’t think the album length has been confirmed anywhere. I’ve been keeping up with Japanese interviews and nothing has been said about that.

Between this and the new mewithoutYou album I’m slowly losing my mind, one of them better leak already :(

Edited by Kelrya