Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

On 8/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, Shaolan974 said:

The cover reminds me tool, Lucid Planet, etc. I'm here for that kind of sound ! 

It took me a while to think of what it reminded me of, but I realized today that I also noticed the Tool vibe. 

The album cover is definitely upsetting. Much like the pink monkey man, I'm not looking forward to it coming up on my phone's shuffle.

My girlfriend calls the new art "the pineapple man" tho, so that makes him a little more hilarious than scary.

-----

Also, I guess that Renunculus music clip was a public event. They're not putting it online just yet? Seems like they're not doing much hype for this new album. It's a month away. 😫

Edited by Envelion

The album artwork made me laugh when I saw it, but now I actually think it's impressive and for the first time since ever DIR EN GREY finally put colors onto an album cover. I expected something dark (or white) with something typical Dir en grey-ish a statue or something symbolising the album title, playing with the name in some way. But it is actually quite refreshing they used so many colors for this album artwork and now I expect full colors for the booklet, and the other printing for the packaging. I prefer the limited edition cover artwork more than the standard edition.

I guess they soon will start teasing us with samples of some of the new songs, a 15 sec clip of Ranunculus should be revealed within the week following a longer preview clip and finally a sample of some of the songs.

Edited by sebbivism

We should be getting the song samples by next week. The ones for Arche were uploaded to YouTube 20 days before the album came out. I went back and listened to them and a lot of them like Phenomenon and Midwife are not very representative of the songs in retrospect.

Edited by Kelrya

That's typical for these guys to tease five to ten seconds of each song's chorus. I prefer it, because I was pleasantly surprised with Phenomenon.

2 hours ago, blacktooth said:

That's typical for these guys to tease five to ten seconds of each song's chorus. I prefer it, because I was pleasantly surprised with Phenomenon.

That’s funny, I was really disappointed because the chorus and outro are my favorite parts of that song.

2 hours ago, blacktooth said:

I was more surprised by Uroko.

Some choir-Kyo? Check.

Fast banger and blastbeat? Totally unexpected!

hoping so fucking badly there will be at least 1 kind of out of the left field song like Uroko or Phenomenon on this thing

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

You’ll find out when they release samples. 

Only if it's the same part. And since they know about the leak, I'm not sure they'll include that part in the sample.

How do you know they know about the leak? I mean I’m sure somebody probably noticed by now but did they address it or something?

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

The leak was a pretty good portion of the song though. I’m sure we’ll be able to figure it out. 

It should be easy to narrow down. Especially since it’s obviously neither of the singles and clearly not any of the four new songs they’ve been playing live (apparently two fast heavy songs, a ballad, and a poppy rock song.)

Edited by Kelrya

It sounds good to me besides the muddy production/mixing. I’m hoping for some crazier more experimental songs too though. It seems like this video concept was designed around a much weirder heavier song and then they swapped it for this song at the last minute though lol.

I like absurd cover arts, so this is something up my alley. I think it is great. It's like something that TOOL or APC would use, probably.

29 minutes ago, Dudemanguy said:

A 60 second teaser clip of Ranunculus has been revealed.

Let's make a bet if Kyo will do his OOGA BOOGA after that last part before the video ends and make it into prog metal lololol

Kind of sounds like something Luna Sea would have done towards the end of their first run. I assume it’s not just a dime-a-dozen VK ballad in 6/8, though. 

It does sound like an album closer. So good on them