Seelentau

DIR EN GREY released their 10th album "The Insulated World" on September 26, 2018

Sukekiyo is how Dir should have started sounding like since years ago...

Very promising clip, btw. They really need to recover from that garbage they called "Utafumi".

(Hi there, I've lurked on this board for like, 6 years)
The new clip is really promising! A friend of mine in JP said that this isn't Ranunculus but it sounds like it's going to be a good one too! I get why people hear the Sukekiyo vibe. I heard it when I first woke up and I thought, "Oh, kinda like DeG guitar and vocals from jyunboku, muku de arouga"
It makes sense though. While some people on this board have floated the idea of Sukekiyo being Kyo's main deal and him not caring about DEG, that's just not how artists typically work. Artists make side projects to explore different sounds and grow in their art form. Arche definitely showed that Kyo learned new sounds from his time in Sukekiyo, and I think that will continue as he creates. Same goes for any of the other band's side projects, it will influence who they are as an artist, because they can't really compartmentalize their different sounds, even if they try to. It's all going to bleed together.
But I'm stoked anyway! Gonna be a great album and amazing tour!

41 minutes ago, saiko said:

Sukekiyo is how Dir should have started sounding like since years ago...

Very promising clip, btw. They really need to recover from that garbage they called "Utafumi".

I’ve said this. I wish DEG would delve deeper into a more progressive/post-rock sound and ditch the BOOGA BOOGA FOOCHA stuff. Things have gotten a bit stale in that department. 

But, you know, Kaoru. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

I’ve said this. I wish DEG would delve deeper into a more progressive/post-rock sound and ditch the BOOGA BOOGA FOOCHA stuff. Things have gotten a bit stale in that department. 

"BOOGA BOOGA FOOCHA stuff". Loved it. Never that well described.

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

But, you know, Kaoru. 

Kaoru what?

I just realized that the album is close enough that the leaked section could be from a press copy of the album (they tend to be distributed pre-mastering). In that case though, the person is in big trouble since you have to sign very heavy contracts to get access to those things, and leaking could result in having to pay large amounts of money, not to mention no one in the industry will provide you with copies again.

God, this wait is already starting to kill me. We're getting so close and yet it feels so far away. I was pretty hyped about the GazettE's "NINTH"; but that was nothing by comparison. 

Russia, if you're reading this, I hope you're able to leak The Insulated World. You'd be doing a great service to the people of Monochrome Heaven, and the world.

3 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

I just realized that the album is close enough that the leaked section could be from a press copy of the album (they tend to be distributed pre-mastering). In that case though, the person is in big trouble since you have to sign very heavy contracts to get access to those things, and leaking could result in having to pay large amounts of money, not to mention no one in the industry will provide you with copies again.

There's definitely the last second of a previous song at the beginning of the leak. I asked kyotaku about it, she doesn't know anything either. It's definitely not a knot material and probably not sukekiyo, although they do have three unreleased tracks. But kyotaku didn't mention any similarity, so I guess it's not sukekiyo either.

I think the 3rd one is the official album artwork? The others are for the special edition and DVD or BR or whatever I think. I really like it though, and I’m glad it doesn’t have the band name or title on the front obscuring the artwork.

Edited by Kelrya

jesus christ,seems like they were influenced by the vaporwave aesthetics
at least it feels like we are going to get something COMPLETELY different from ARCHE,maybe...

Edited by Manji 卍