ricchubunny

the GazettE leaves PS Company

32 minutes ago, saishuu said:

Poor Kra.

Whom still are, according to some accounts, still consistently interesting and good. Idk personally I just like their early stuff and am amazed that they’re still around to the interest of a handful

9 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Whom still are, according to some accounts, still consistently interesting and good. Idk personally I just like their early stuff and am amazed that they’re still around to the interest of a handful

Indeed they are. Their early stuff is undeaniably their best, but some of their new music is super fun as well (ie. their latest EPs).

3 minutes ago, saishuu said:

Indeed they are. Their early stuff is undeaniably their best, but some of their new music is super fun as well (ie. their latest EPs).

Yeah that may well be I have listened to nothing beyond the first LP.

This thread brings me back to the PSC carnival lives.  They had such an interesting roster once upon a time and they got shat on with accusations of ruining bands or whatever, meanwhile bands were ruining themselves even without the help of PSC somewhere else. Although I do think even gazette alluded to the shadiness of their management in some interviews ( don’t quote me )

2 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

This will probably mean nothing in terms of their musical direction, but anyway, good for them.  :thumbs:

literally, they'll still be under the same big label heads. just consciously distancing themself from the visuals they came from.

that and ruki will be held to his fans eitherway, even if he wants to and now has the freedom to do R&B doesn't mean he'll risk career suicide LOLOL

2 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

This will probably mean nothing in terms of their musical direction

same here

ruki seems to have established a standard for the "Gazette music style"

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Surprisingly, the CEO of HERESY is none other than Ozaki Tomomi (尾崎友美), a.k.a. the president of PS COMPANY.

What a plot twist!

23 minutes ago, Disposable said:

This thread brings me back to the PSC carnival lives.  They had such an interesting roster once upon a time and they got shat on with accusations of ruining bands or whatever, meanwhile bands were ruining themselves even without the help of PSC somewhere else. Although I do think even gazette alluded to the shadiness of their management in some interviews ( don’t quote me )

Totally... Artists complained, but their strategy was undeniably solid. During the golden days of psc carnival, top 5 indie charts were all theirs. I remember bis complaining about their insane schedule (well, 5 minis in a year span is kinda insane), just to leave and, while their momentum was going, singles were top 1 oricon, songs in tv shows, collabs... as soon as their pace slowed a bit their popularity took quite a hit. And I think it was more or less what also happened to A9 and Kra, so I guess you can't have it all in vk biz...

The beggining of the end was PSC indies, imo. When they were focused on, and had a tight grip on a few solid acts, only danger crue was somewhat near them in popularity.

3 minutes ago, emmny said:

even if he wants to and now has the freedom to do R&B doesn't mean he'll risk career suicide LOLOL

LOL

my dream is seeing Ruki forming a R&B project,his clean vocals are divine

this has been foretold in the Bible:

Bangyatomy: 6:66 - And on the 29th day of the 6 month. The God will be free to frolick in the land of eyeliner and neck smear.

I wonder if Kra is going "Kra-p"

7 hours ago, nekkichi said:

so she stopped giving fucks about dire up and coming vk talent and focused on managing gazette alone? smart choice.

Probably, yes, but I think she started giving zero fucks very early; since they were her only "money source" for a long time haha

Words here

Also, there's this on the website:

top_bg.jpg

Does this mean that The slo mo guys are under this new label too, but secretly???

Edited by IGM_Oficial

Aoi has his own label, if they were really able to actually get away from PSC/Tomomi wouldn’t it make more sense to go under Aoi’s label first and build again from there? (Which is kinda what Miyavi did when he left PSC… which only left him banned at certain venues etc. caused by PSC/Tomomi) If you asked me that would make way more sense and give them way more freedom, especially since Aoi did have some tendencies to complain about the management/handling of big companies’ in the past?

Lastly the guys are mainly tweeting us not to worry instead of having super excited tweets about finally having their ‘own’ company and getting away from PSC. Doesn’t that raise an eyebrow with you all?? They must be aware of (some) fans catching on to them not being completely free from PSC yet or might be on edge about some things themselves

This is what a tumblr user (nyanko-pon) wrote and they bring up some interesting questions. Why not join Aoi's label? Is it like the Alice nine situation with PSC owning everything (logo, name etc)? Is that why they can't truly ditch Tomomi?