platy

8P-SB

I’d happily see Mejibray come back as a non VK band just to get some decent material from Koichi and Tsuzuku. I never was the biggest fan of Mejibray to begin with, but god do I appreciate them a lot more since this 

1 hour ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Did something happen?

There are no details but tzk and Koichi kept acting out against their label and I think their contracts were terminated on very bad terms. They're not able to play on the usual vk venues anymore, hence why 8P-SB always plays on those middle of nowhere shacks (okay, venues, but still) 

I mean I’m a huge fan of Mejibray, and at the beginning, even though I went to a couple of 8P lives, I was massively conflicted about it. Then (in my opinion) the quality of the music began to improve and it became apparently that they were expressing what was basically an apology to the fans that they hurt in the process of breaking away - which yes, they didn’t need to apologize, I get that a lot when I bring it up, “they don’t need to apologize for being true to themselves”. But I was there for the last two tours, and it was rough. People were sobbing, everyone was screaming for encores that didn’t come, the tour final was ROUGH, and Koichi basically plugged 8P-SB at the end of Mejibray’s last live on his birthday. Even if they didn’t have to, it was really nice to hear those hurt feelings acknowledged. 

I went on on a tangent, sorry, LOL. I will never not miss Mejibray, but I feel like the quality of 8P-SB is improving. I went to their tour more recently and Koichi is definitely a lot more comfortable, both are happy, and Genki utilizes his voice in more interesting ways live than he does on the recorded singles. There’s not as much screaming, but it’s still there and in interesting ways. I think I lost my train of thought, but yeah, it’s really not as bad as people think, it’s getting better, but it is radically different. 

18 minutes ago, frayed said:

I feel like the quality of 8P-SB is improving. I went to their tour more recently and Koichi is definitely a lot more comfortable, both are happy, and Genki utilizes his voice in more interesting ways live than he does on the recorded singles. There’s not as much screaming, but it’s still there and in interesting ways. I think I lost my train of thought, but yeah, it’s really not as bad as people think, it’s getting better, but it is radically different. 

Did you go to yesterday's live? seems like people had a good time. (ngl I have been searching for live reports lol)

Never had the chance to go to one of their lives but from the super short clips they put up, it does seem like they are sounding better live than last year.

And ready player is really quite an improvement from superstar imo.

12 minutes ago, gret said:

Did you go to yesterday's live? seems like people had a good time. (ngl I have been searching for live reports lol)

Never had the chance to go to one of their lives but from the super short clips they put up, it does seem like they are sounding better live than last year.

And ready player is really quite an improvement from superstar imo.

Not yesterday’s, sadly! I went to the first two shows of their 8-Bit Boy tour. Definitely worth it, it was a lot of fun and a massive improvement from when I saw them in September. It’s also cool because the crowd has improved, it’s less awkward and even if everyone kind of does the same furi to an extent, I saw a lot more people kind of doing their own thing and singing along. It was refreshing!

3 hours ago, frayed said:

. I will never not miss Mejibray, but I feel like the quality of 8P-SB is improving. I went to their tour more recently and Koichi is definitely a lot more comfortable, both are happy....... but yeah, it’s really not as bad as people think, it’s getting better, but it is radically different. 

I think this also has a lot to do with the fact that the fans have been weeded out. Former Meji stans that tired hard to accept 8P-SB, but could not and hated it, are not attending the shows anymore. 

So the hate is probably less now and the live more fun, artist more relaxed....

4 hours ago, Masato said:

I think this also has a lot to do with the fact that the fans have been weeded out. Former Meji stans that tired hard to accept 8P-SB, but could not and hated it, are not attending the shows anymore. 

So the hate is probably less now and the live more fun, artist more relaxed....

True that.

Not sure if I should keep updating but anyway 🤷‍♀️

Here's the tracklist for the second album. Here's hoping the rehashed tracks will sound better lol

Who cant sing anymore?

Spoiler

Like imaginine hating on Legends, the most influential ppl in modern VK  only for Tsuzuku and Yuuki (initial'L), for them to only shine, smile on stage and come back and shit on you haters with their new music. Every band sounds like  MAMIRETA, grimore, or whack deathcore while 8p-Sp and initail'L don't. And since Tsusuku isnt doing slam why not pick up where Mami Kawada left of.

Spoiler

They are literally dragging Kpop by the sugar free bum ass lace fronts. I hope they dont get sued though. And i love that their is modern hiphop elements but they arent culture appropriating. BTW did Tsu stop working out? shouldn't he be selling sex?  i guess he making music for music