platy

8P-SB

5 hours ago, JRD said:

I'm feeling very attacked by this lol 

Well as someone who grew up playing an instrument, you get an understanding from a musicians point of view on what they want to convey. Like if you play guitar for example and love metal music; you get to learn to love shit persons like John Mayer. You can see his musicality and his guitar work is phenomenal for a person who plays pop music. That's when you get into scales and music theory and such, and most pop music is based on Heptatonic scale(Ionian mode), where as metal is usually played in Pentatonic  Scale(Aeolian mode), but that gets in way in too deep, so I won't go into that.

I don't know what you're talking about, but you're not really explaning it.

Should I feel attacked now because I don't play an instrument? I don't think so.

I often hear from those who play instruments themselves, that that is the reason they DON'T like most pop music. Because they think it's much less creative. I share the same opinion even though I can't play anything myself. I've been into rock music since I was a kid and just can't get into any pop because it's the opposite of what I like, sound and style wise. The atmosphere of rock and pop lives are also so different.

But hey, it's just my opinion. You be you!🙃

I just wonder if there are mejibray fans just supporting this because of who they are, even though they actually don't like the sound nor style. Would die-hard kpop/jpop fans still really like a group that changed to a vk band instead? I think most of them wouldn't.

They sound the same on all their songs. Theres nothing special going on they sound bland no projection no emotion. All they do is slap an effect on their voice here and there . 

Theres more passion and vocal technique in 30 seconds of this song than 8PSBs entire discography.

Spoiler

Tzuzuku has a powerful voice with great control and its a shame that its going to waste...

Edited by -NOVA-

9 hours ago, xLIZ4 said:

I just really don't understand how you can be into this as a mejibray fan.

...unless you listen to a lot of jpop and kpop too...

but I'm also that person who doesn't understand people who are fan of both dark heavy vk and (mainstream) happy bubbly pop music 🤷‍♀️

Even though I prefer heavier music, I still listen to all sorts of genres. Pop might fit my mood better sometimes, or I just feel like listening to something with a catchy beat. Different vibes = different music. If I need something to fill the silence, but I don't want to have some dude screaming his guts in the background this bland bubbly shit//or preferably some good soundtrack will do the job. 

As a meji fan, I like 8P SB simply because it's tzk and koichi. They've been stirring shit up in vk ever since mejibray was a thing and I'm just tagging along to see where this endearing trainwreck is gonna go.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, xLIZ4 said:

I just really don't understand how you can be into this as a mejibray fan.

...unless you listen to a lot of jpop and kpop too...

but I'm also that person who doesn't understand people who are fan of both dark heavy vk and (mainstream) happy bubbly pop music 🤷‍♀️

Sorry for keeping Dir En Grey and BlackPink on the same playlist XD

But this project is terrible. Awful. Uninspired and bland. I don't know what they are attempting to make but Dua Lipa does it better. I don't even know why I still check them out from time to time. Is the video a new song or just a PV for an already released track? I could swear I've heard this before.

7 hours ago, xLIZ4 said:

I don't know what you're talking about, but you're not really explaning it.

Should I feel attacked now because I don't play an instrument? I don't think so.

I often hear from those who play instruments themselves, that that is the reason they DON'T like most pop music. Because they think it's much less creative. I share the same opinion even though I can't play anything myself. I've been into rock music since I was a kid and just can't get into any pop because it's the opposite of what I like, sound and style wise. The atmosphere of rock and pop lives are also so different.

But hey, it's just my opinion. You be you!🙃

Rock music has always been in my life; i recently probably in the mid 00s got into pop music. You as in yourself ask why people like me who listen to dark type visual kei and can go to into pop music just like that. I gave you my opinion and mine wasn't even attacking you, and if I'm feeling very attacked holds any meaning(which is a meme in itself) I still put people an "lol" at the end to let you know that I wasn't even mad; now on to my point. Who was it in Nazare who said they didn't listen to metal at all, I think it was the singer. It all fits the persons musical preference and what they feel like listening to at the time. I've a few friends who actually tour and do metal, and they don't even listen to metal music on the off time, because they get tired of listening to heavy, distorted music. So I gave a reason why mainstream pop music attracts some people like us who listen to dark heavy stuff; like John Mayer, specially those that play guitar P.O.V.; with a little music theory which is already hard to explain(I'm not a teacher). And I've been to both pop and metal concerts and lives; and find that both fandoms are still shit. I've been to a Journey concert with people actually being decent human beings compared to EDC with people being shit still. Major pop music is based on C Major verse chorus verse standard and it's easier to get into, and yes the melodies can get complex in pop music. I think it was Mikael Akerfeldt or someone from a Scandinavian Metal band that says they love listening to Kate Bush on their free time instead of metal. 

Your preference isn't the same as mine, I was explaining why some people like what they like and you got mad over it; and I didn't even attack you for not being able to play and instrument, just gave an example to why some people can transition like that and you didn't like my example.

they grown in me. their music makes me smile. "spotlight" is one of my favourite!

it's okay to like different music! 

it's okay to enjoy what makes you happy!

MEJIBRAY, DIR EN GREY stan here but sometimes i blast BLACK PINK AND WHAT?! This doesn't stop me from loving heavy music. 

it's like a fight about pica with pineapple.

6 hours ago, IchiHiroya said:

I sincerely apologize for reviving this thread but something just caught my eye on Twitter. Will anyone be willing to tell me what this post is about? 

https://twitter.com/TOWER_Marubiru/status/1123821337057878017?s=09

They had an in-store event at Tower Records, and their single sold the most copies for that one particular day.

6 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

They had an in-store event at Tower Records, and their single sold the most copies for that one particular day.

Thank you so much. :)

I actually like i think 11 of their songs now. Fireworks fucking slaps though. And OMG one of them has caribbean vibes i think which is alway a yessss like NANANA from Initial'L. Other VKer can't not switch up their sound drastically like these legends can. haters will hate

On 3/8/2019 at 5:43 AM, -NOVA- said:

They sound the same on all their songs. Theres nothing special going on they sound bland no projection no emotion. All they do is slap an effect on their voice here and there . 

Theres more passion and vocal technique in 30 seconds of this song than 8PSBs entire discography.

Tzuzuku has a powerful voice with great control and its a shame that its going to waste...

Kaya is techniqually better than Tsusuku but id say Salome is his only good song including his duo thing sov technique is irreverent. Passion is there now and then. I'm glad he isn't flexing anymore cause his voice is somewhat resting, plus it would make Koi sound even worse. 

on another note Genki doesnt need makeup to look good which is dope.

5 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Announcing this on mejibray's anniversary, tough scene

it's also 8P-SB's first anniversary

I don't get the amount of hate they're given. I liked Mejibray too, but I can still dig this. Ready Player, Twily Boy, Starry Night, Flight Plan, Pictionary, almost a lot of them; if they played it at some sort of EDM event, I'd be dancing my ass off. If they have a live planned while I'm in Japan for a Month and a half in the winter; I'd buy a ticket.

Edited by JRD

56 minutes ago, JRD said:

I don't get the amount of hate they're given. I liked Mejibray too, but I can still dig this. Ready Player, Twily Boy, Starry Night, Flight Plan, Pictionary, almost a lot of them; if they played it at some sort of EDM event, I'd be dancing my ass off. If they have a live planned while I'm in Japan for a Month and a half in the winter; I'd buy a ticket.

Shit, I'm giving Ready Player and flight plan a spin and it's definitely some good shit. I'm positively impressed now, the new album just got into my radar

Edited by chemicalpictures

As a huge fan of mejibray's music,I simply can't get into anything by 8P-SB, the difference between both projects is tremendous .If there's people digging 8P-SB, it's totally fine, however the hatred from the  hardcore mejibray fans  is perfectly comprehensive. It's just bad to see that 2nd album announcement, I was hoping for an abrupt hiatus and Tsuzuku getting into metal again.

Everyone has different music taste, it's totally understandable. I just can't fathom getting intensely mad at 2 individuals doing their thing that they love. If they didn't have passion in making music like this, they would have stopped and done other things akin to their liking.

And it's not like they can't be in both Meji and 8P-SB. Look at Sonny Moore, he's cash grabbing the teen angst era by rejoining From First To Last and still doing Skrillex. It just pisses me off that they fired Spencer.

26 minutes ago, JRD said:

And it's not like they can't be in both Meji and 8P-SB. 

Mejibray is gone.  tzk and Koichi have been barred from the VK scene. So it is like that. They can't be in both at once lol

Maybe one day we'll see them again in a rock project, but I think their days in vk have ended. 

1 minute ago, platy said:

Mejibray is gone.  tzk and Koichi have been barred from the VK scene. So it is like that. They can't be in both at once lol

Maybe one day we'll see them again in a rock project, but I think their days in vk have ended. 

I know. I've watched the last live DVD. It was one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen. That's how I knew how much it meant for them.

Honestly,tzk didn't even need to be necessarily in a vk band. Just wanted to see him in a different project, because he's one of the greatest voices I ever heard from Japan.i know that he's doing what he wants and love,bla bla...but come on,this kind of music is just dull and silly compared with what he's truly capable to do.