platy

8P-SB

37 minutes ago, Black=Right said:

No, just no

I like it, it's certainly not anything like they did before, but it sounds pretty good and there's a distinct J-Reggae feel to it, almost like Def-Tech if you will. 

On 6/18/2018 at 9:57 AM, nekkichi said:

satsuki's chart success inspired ha!

my heart lowkey goes out to the noname mejibray roadie who had to haul the piano in the woods just so this shitty video could be recorded

It's all subjective, really. I don't think there's anything wrong in not liking their current music.

Unless, you were a fan solely for their personalities, this skews in a completely different direction, musically. It doesn't help that EDM is such a saturated scene internationally atm., and both of these tracks don't really stand out imo. That being said.... They're welcome to do whatever they want/like obvs. 

We may see some bangers in the future, who knows.

they're going to be opening for Satsuki's next EU tour

this is garbage. i'll go cry in a corner while listening to MEJIBRAY now ;-;

Edited by rekzer

3 hours ago, platy said:

This sounds like music straight from a shoujo anime with different hot guys and they all sing the ending theme together while doing kawaii moves. 

No, a shoujo anime would opt for a bigger budget for their ending theme.

I'd dig roadster if it wasn't for the vocals. With few adjustments It could be a mediocre/listenable pop edm. The way it is right now sounds like a leaked demo, to be honest

Edited by chemicalpictures

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

going from metal to pop is not even the problem anymore,everyone here listen to pop music sometimes

and if they're going to make pop music then at least do it with some quality.

it sounds so generic,lifeless and awkward

THIS

Tzk's voice doesn't take naturally to this in the first place, but he's so incredibly subdued in these songs that I honestly can't hear any of the sounds I love him for. I'm down to give due credit to ANY type of music he want to make, as long as it sounds like HIM doing it. this doesnt, this sounds like someone who cares if they come off retarded, and doesn't roll around on the floor making noises like a sick cat in a garbage disposal.

roadster is awful. in most of this it sounds like Tsuzuku has decided to sing like he doesnt know how, so as to make Koichi sound less incompetent and Koichi is STILL incompetent by comparison. I really hope they can just transition him to producing and backup vocals like in MEJIBRAY.

Starry Night is the one we heard a sample of, I don't think it's bad. It's simple and all but it makes better use of the sound pack they seem to be using and is GENUINELY kind of cute. a little more so than the MV they released earlier.

maybe this is making them happy I think I always appreciated what I could see of these guys as people. 

So my theory is, that not only all rights and instruments were taken from them, but they were banned from recording studios, too....  and they were left with a cell phone song composition app..... 

And Koichi could not even lend a friend's instrument to record stuff.

Or perhaps Mejibray was a playback band!!!! 😱

5 hours ago, Elazmus said:

I think I always appreciated what I could see of these guys as people. 

I think you will never know the people behind the character they play in a band except you know them closely in their freetime (surely this goes for most people in bands, artists, etc.). Everything in vk is just an image, says nothing about the actual person imo/from my experiences.

If they replace the two vocalists with someone else, even vocaloid or something, Starry Night wouldnt be

that bad. Would somewhat remind me of this:

Starry Night might be the first song I EVER kinda could enjoy (more or less) generic or not I still love these guys and if they decided on pop music please god let them convey what ever the fuck they wanna do in a DECENT way cuz I dont fucking know what they were trying with roadster 

I love "Starry Night" and "super star" so much. It's perfect for parties and i want to see this performing live. 

i still hope they will keep changing things (even they can't change a lot maybe). their logo writes "xs s m l xl xxl". maybe they will try other music on every  stage? idk to be honest

I stood by them after they released superstar but hearing roadster broke my heart. That's not Tsuzuku, not even Genki. That's just a stiff, icy dude who's lifelessly singing a song with his friend to support said friend. There's no soul. There's no hint of the greatness that he once was. You say you're like stars but the only kind of stars that you are being right now are falling stars. 

Why the fuck did you do this to yourself, Genki? There's a shit ton of other genres/music styles wherein you can express yourself in a way that suits YOU. These songs suit KOICHI, not you. I am so disappointed and frustrated. 

I'm just gonna gtfo while I still can. 

(ノへ ̄、)

The real question for me is: can Tsuzuku dance? I've never been a fan of Mejibray, so I'm kind of curious. I mean, if they're going to play this kind of music, I'm expecting some dance breaks, and somehow I doubt Koichi is going to be the one to deliver.

1 hour ago, IchiHiroya said:

These songs suit KOICHI, not you.

I have a feeling kawaii pastel chanteuse is dumping fuckboy very soon and goes solo, but we'll c