Yukami

キズ

8 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

He was taking picture with a fan but suddenly he fainted over her. They called the ambulence and the instore event had to be cancelled.

He left in the ambulance carried by the manager, unconscious and his face was kinda blue.

that sounds pretty bad, i feel concerned now ._. i saw something about pollen allergy on tanuki but there were tons of non-significant messages so i gave up soon

3 to 4 songs each single and 3 singles a year is like a full album for me. And to be able to show themselves 3 times a year is a good marketing strategy i think.

But of course the impact can be better with a full album, they now became very popular so it's possible.

Edited by Kirito

Thing is, their A-side game is spot on, but the rest is generally lacking, nothing wrong with that, since they are marketed as singles, but I don't think that they could put out a quality album, which requires a coherent concept and can't really be built around a one song. Which I don't think they are able to do, at least within their current schedule. The way things are, my estimate is that it'd take them a year at minimum, for the album to not feel like a singles collection with some bullshit sprinkled inbetween the strong tracks. Right now, if we put their maxi singles together, as a full record, it would be insanely inconsistent.

Looking back at 0, which was thinned down to two songs, it was perfect, can't say the same about their previous ones and Heisei, the b-sides I recall from those releases could be counted on a leper's one hand. I'd rather have only two strong songs, compared to an album or a shitton of singles of half-baked songs.

11 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Thing is, their A-side game is spot on, but the rest is generally lacking, nothing wrong with that, since they are marketed as singles, but I don't think that they could put out a quality album, which requires a coherent concept and can't really be built around a one song. Which I don't think they are able to do, at least within their current schedule. The way things are, my estimate is that it'd take them a year at minimum, for the album to not feel like a singles collection with some bullshit sprinkled inbetween the strong tracks. Right now, if we put their maxi singles together, as a full record, it would be insanely inconsistent.

Looking back at 0, which was thinned down to two songs, it was perfect, can't say the same about their previous ones and Heisei, the b-sides I recall from those releases could be counted on a leper's one hand. I'd rather have only two strong songs, compared to an album or a shitton of singles of half-baked songs.

You guys really feel like that?! (I'm not criticizing, just wondering)
I think the b-sides are just good as the title tracks, or even better in some cases. I really love and enjoy every single song that they've released so far.

15 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

i actually dig their b-sides. i don't listen only to kizuato ones. although i can't disagree that there are some undeniably weak songs, and i haven't listened to heisei yet. 

but you're very right about that "album must have a concept" and about their schedule. although i believe lime is able to make a really great album, schedule must be a real problem

Edited by yomii

Ya I dont agree, all 4 tracks on steroid is better than a vast majority of stuff coming out nowadays and all the tracks on heisei apart from tokyo are stellar as well

While there are a few weak tracks, for me their b-sides are pretty stellar, especially the Kizuato ones. I completely agree that an album should have a concept and love when they do that. Unfortunately I don’t find that too much anymore with VK bands releasing albums, haha. I don’t care either way, as long as new material comes out regularly ;)

Yeah I’m also a fan of the b-sides LOL I mean you’re right about nothing really binding the songs together conceptually but I kind of love that there’s so much variety too so idk - and I feel like they’d get it there, everything up until now has been fairly high-concept 

I personally agree that a lot of Kizu's b-side tracks do stand up to the same standards as the singles themselves, but one thing, did anyone else feel the production on Heisei is actually really bad compared to the previous releases? I can't stand it, it's like the songs are good but the production really makes it a tough listen.

20 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

did anyone else feel the production on Heisei is actually really bad compared to the previous releases?

That's because the band experimented with the mixing. I don't recall the exact specifics but iirc it was some '3D surround sound' type of stuff, meant for an immersive experience. So you prolly have to listen to it on like a system with multiple speakers (like Dolby 5.1?) or something... if you listen to it thru regular speakers or headphones it sounds kinda bad. I don't have any fancy setup to test it out tho, so I can't personally vouch for this, lol.

12 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

That's because the band experimented with the mixing. I don't recall the exact specifics but iirc it was some '3D surround sound' type of stuff, meant for an immersive experience. So you prolly have to listen to it on like a system with multiple speakers (like Dolby 5.1?) or something... if you listen to it thru regular speakers or headphones it sounds kinda bad. I don't have any fancy setup to test it out tho, so I can't personally vouch for this, lol.

Ah is that so? I mean that's an interesting idea and all but doesn't seem terribly convenient for most people. Especially if you just wanna put the stuff on your phone or whatever to listen to out and about. Hope they drop this idea and go back to usual with future releases.

I follow lime on his social media and I’m under the impression that he is an asshole

When he wrote that someone told him that he may be lolicon it was just creepy

But today  he wrote on his insta story “u use google for translation all time? Japanese is too difficult lol” and I felt that  he is being a total asshole to the foreign fans 😒

35 minutes ago, Reikatsumi said:

I follow lime on his social media and I’m under the impression that he is an asshole

But today  he wrote on his insta story “u use google for translation all time? Japanese is too difficult lol” and I felt that  he is being a total asshole to the foreign fans 😒

well it is difficult lol

idk, i don't think he would address foreign fans on twitter if he was just being an asshole

12 minutes ago, yomii said:

well it is difficult lol

idk, i don't think he would address foreign fans on twitter if he was just being an asshole

Idk but that was mean, lime’s english isn’t perfect neither so he should make fun of fans when they make mistakes in Japanese   

1 hour ago, Reikatsumi said:

he has chuunibyou, like most "edgy" performers do nbd

14 minutes ago, Reikatsumi said:

Idk but that was mean, lime’s english isn’t perfect neither so he should make fun of fans when they make mistakes in Japanese  

i think it's just the wrong usage of english language and cross-culture misunderstanding that led to such outcome. well i don't read his every post on every sns and ofc haven't interacted with him irl but i haven't seen him making fun of fans so far

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/kizu/1394472148 didnt notice it before but all of Kizu's stuff is available on itunes now just in case u need a reasonable affordable way of supporting them

also i thought ganshin records was putting their stuff up on spotify but i cant seem to find anything about that 

On 5/6/2019 at 2:48 AM, chipathy said:

also i thought ganshin records was putting their stuff up on spotify but i cant seem to find anything about that 

There is some of their stuff on Spotify EU. (Maybe with  a good proxy program you'll b able to access it? I just noticed you are writing from US, sorry)

Edited by Arkady