cvltic

2017 VK Single/Album Sales Ranking

55 minutes ago, cvltic said:

i think oricon is domestic only after looking at the info BrenGun provided --  it makes sense that foreign fans are making good use of digital download options and it's a shame we won't be able to see a worldwide number for vk digital downloads afaik

never forget 10 types for Kyubi. Kiryu's 彩 in 2016 had a massive 21k sales. are they even pulling in a quarter of that in live attendance regularly? (no.)
but for my Kiryu shade, they can at least back it up by booking budokan (and supposedly filling it not too badly).

Digital I guess yes,

but there are surely sites who provide their country sales.

However its also nice to know how much Japanese people download legal.

But just the real CD,

Those we buy on amazon, hmv, CDjapan etc.

guess those sales are inside. 

2 hours ago, cvltic said:

the Kiryu/Royz/Codomo Dragon sales are nuts. i might be totally wrong, but i think their instore fanservice/skills are what leads to these sales? Kiryu and Royz in particular are associated with "extreme eigyou" -- the kind of fanservice where you get "kisses" and hugs/sit in each other's laps for your photos with the members. and even just looking at their schedules, they do like 2-3 instores a week and each requires at minimum a CD purchase for a ticket.

the Raid. has also been coming up in sales while their reputation for doing basically anything you ask for photos spreads too, lmao.

This is so crazy! Before I quit VK I will take the Kamasutra with me and request photo poses lol lol lol lol 

Never to go to Japan again.

But there are such strong differences between bands. Lol

1 hour ago, cvltic said:

never forget 10 types for Kyubi. Kiryu's 彩 in 2016 had a massive 21k sales. are they even pulling in a quarter of that in live attendance regularly? (no.)

but for my Kiryu shade, they can at least back it up by booking budokan (and supposedly filling it not too badly).

was Kyubi the single that sold like 70k+ copies? or am I crazy and that never happened?

22 minutes ago, saishuu said:

was Kyubi the single that sold like 70k+ copies? or am I crazy and that never happened?

Kyubi sold 57 000 copies in its first week but idk in total how much this single sold

Edited by Kiryu999

It's crazy to compare sales numbers these days to the ones from back when visual kei was popular in Japan. I dug up a link I have bookmarked and it's kinda surreal. It wasn't unusual for bands to come up with 50k or even 100k+ sales. These numbers for singles and albums are really interesting to see.