Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello there!

I am fairly new to the forum and have made a couple of posts. 

I am interested in many J-rock bands from the 90s (both visual rock bands and not visual kei bands that went major such as Glay, Luna Sea, X Japan, Siam Shade, L'arc-en-ciel, Lareine, Janne Da Arc  and a few more) and Pop bands that don't really suit this forum such as SMAP or Spitz ^^". I like the sound of 80-00s Japanese music (either rock or pop).

I am not into nowadays J-rock or visual kei groups except for Versailles but maybe from browsing through the forum I get to know new groups and get into new bands :) 

Edited by mizumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 5:13 PM, mizumi said:

Hi! Thanks for the compliment w  I haven't heard about Unicorn. Can you recommend me any songs? 

Sorry for the delay! This song is amazing, but not so visual. Unicorn were more of a "standard" rock band more than visual.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 11:50 AM, Laurence02 said:

Sorry for the delay! This song is amazing, but not so visual. Unicorn were more of a "standard" rock band more than visual.

 

It's really nice! I enjoy lots of Japanese rock and pop. I don't know what X factor they have that makes it so different to Western music that makes me really like it. If any musician knows what X factor is that please let me know! :D

 

It reminds me of other soft style rock bands like Mr Children or Spitz.

 

Edited by mizumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mizumi said:

It's really nice! I enjoy lots of Japanese rock and pop. I don't know what X factor they have that makes it so different to Western music that makes me really like it. If any musician knows what X factor is that please let me know! :D

 

It reminds me of other soft style rock bands like Mr Children or Spitz.

 

There are multiple hypotheses for that "X factor", but I don't know which one is true! 

 

Yeah, Unicorn were pretty soft. They did it well though.

 

You wrote that you don't like bands that went major, or didn't I read that properly? Does that mean that you dislike the bands even before they went major (i.e. indies-era X)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 11:10 AM, Laurence02 said:

There are multiple hypotheses for that "X factor", but I don't know which one is true! 

 

Yeah, Unicorn were pretty soft. They did it well though.

 

You wrote that you don't like bands that went major, or didn't I read that properly? Does that mean that you dislike the bands even before they went major (i.e. indies-era X)?

Where can I read about the different hyptheses? I would like to know more about that.

As for your question, I wrote an answer a few days ago and thought it had been posted. Now I realized it didn't lol

I meant that I like

- not visual rock bands

- visual rock bands that went major

I didn't mean I dislike them before they went major XD On the contrary, for example Siam Shade, some of my favourites songs are their indies ones.

(I don't know much about minor visual kei bands so I don't have an opinion about them)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mizumi said:

Where can I read about the different hyptheses? I would like to know more about that.

As for your question, I wrote an answer a few days ago and thought it had been posted. Now I realized it didn't lol

I meant that I like

- not visual rock bands

- visual rock bands that went major

I didn't mean I dislike them before they went major XD On the contrary, for example Siam Shade, some of my favourites songs are their indies ones.

(I don't know much about minor visual kei bands so I don't have an opinion about them)

 

 

Ah, that makes sense looking at it with the explanation, sorry! :)

 

Sorry, I can't really find any articles with the limited Googling time that I have. I think Marty Friedman did a video on it, and I am sure that /r/musictheory on Reddit has loads of threads on that topic.

 

Do you like Concerto Moon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 3:14 PM, Laurence02 said:

Ah, that makes sense looking at it with the explanation, sorry! :)

 

Sorry, I can't really find any articles with the limited Googling time that I have. I think Marty Friedman did a video on it, and I am sure that /r/musictheory on Reddit has loads of threads on that topic.

 

Do you like Concerto Moon?

Nevermind! ^_^

Oh thanks, I will check that video out.

I don't know Concerto Moon either, I'm afraid ^_^" Any song you recommend?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pillows is amazing too! My favourite album is Little Busters:

 

I listen mostly to the more recent Concerto Moon, which may or may not fit your needs. This song, Savior Never Cry, is amazing, and the singer of it is the new vocalist of Jupiter!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Laurence02 said:

The pillows is amazing too! My favourite album is Little Busters:

 

I listen mostly to the more recent Concerto Moon, which may or may not fit your needs. This song, Savior Never Cry, is amazing, and the singer of it is the new vocalist of Jupiter!

 

Little Busters is a great album, I found them back in the day from FLCL like I found most jrock when I was in school lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 4:31 PM, secret_no_03 said:

Welcome, and do you know the pillows, they've been around since like 1994. 

Hi! And sorry for answering sooooo late. No, I don't know them! But I would love that you recommend me some songs :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, Laurence02 said:

The pillows is amazing too! My favourite album is Little Busters:

 

I listen mostly to the more recent Concerto Moon, which may or may not fit your needs. This song, Savior Never Cry, is amazing, and the singer of it is the new vocalist of Jupiter!

 

Thanks for the recommendation. I will listen to that CD by the Pillows.

I have also recently started listening to Concerto Moon since I really liked the new single by Jupiter with Kuze singing. I will link it just in case someone reading the thread wants to check it out:

The 1st time I listened to it I really didn't like it because Zin, Masashi and Yuki weren't there anymore *_* 

But after listening to Kuze a few times I think I like him way better for Jupiter than Zin... Zin's voice is great and if you check out his channel, his voice is so beautiful. But Kuze definitely fits metal genre way better than Zin both in looks and his voice to me...

 

 

 

Edited by mizumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×