Sign in to follow this  
inartistic

Favorite box sets

Haha, 'good lid, it's all heavy'.

I like my Grieva full course single edition that included chop sticks, a 'menu', and napkins (I also actually liked the DVD that came with it).

And of course for special packaging nothing touches the Aliene clock!

the femme fatale arcana boxset came with a nice box, a folder to put the tarot cards included with it, a really pretty bracelet in a nice cloth bag, and a thick photobook

also im biased because its the only one i own 

Edited by The Moon

I don't have many box sets, so I don't have much of a reference, but these are all cool:

Chu Ishikawa - Tetsuo Complete Box: it's basically  just a hard slipcase with the discs and a booklet inside. Works for me.

BOØWY - BOØWY COMPLETE: a thick-ass box with two fold-out disc holders housing 10 CDs in total (more or less their discography plus a disc of rare/unreleased stuff), adding a thick booklet with all the lyrics and some photos.

BOØWY - "GIGS" BOX: okay, now're talking! A cool hard slipcase housing 8 DVDs (3 discs of the most complete footage of the "GIGS" CASE OF BOØWY lives that we're ever gonna get probably, plus 5 discs of bonus live, interview and documentary footage) and a beautiful mini-size hardcover reprint of the HYSTERIA photobook.

bizMYPY.jpg

BOØWY - "LAST GIGS" COMPLETE: these guys sure love their box sets (and so do I, lol). This 2-DVD set features extended footage from the band's final two gigs, a beautiful pamphlet and mini-size reprints of the band's BOØWY HUNT fanclub magazines. This and the "GIGS" BOX are my fave box sets.

xJNoBXE.jpg

Shiina Ringo - MoRA: If you're like me and you're only really into her "classic" first three albums this one's perfect. 4 CDs (the first three albums plus a single), a thick-ass special booklet, various stickers and cards, plus a poster, all housed in a sturdy deluxe casing... that plays a short audio of Shiina's voice when you slide it open (yes, you read that correctly, lol).

aS8hzjb.jpg

Edited by Jigsaw9

I second the UROBOROS / DSS post and want to add that in general, DIR EN GREY's releases in their most complete form (so to speak) always have very nice packaging and extras.

Honourable mentions go out to the a knot releases, they came in a cardboard box in the past. If such a release is sold with the cardboard box included, it drives up the price by at least 2000 JPN, most of the time.

Also, shout-out to the It withers and withers -Bootlegged- release that came in a round metal container:

m26505357106_1.jpg?1528530148m26505357106_4.jpg?1528530148

Edit: I also just realised that this is not exactly a box set... oh well, whatever^^'

Edited by Seelentau

Versailles' Holy Grail box was a neat set. It may not have been their greatest album, but it came with a thick, nice booklet, a poster, the CD, and DVD (with lots of footage albeit most of it is the Masquerade PV featuring a single member - but hey, who doesn't want to look at more Kamijo?). It's also the only one I own 😅

Sign in to follow this