Karma’s Hat

Visual Kei Youtubers

We've seen them: on our feed, on our related and recommended videos. Reacts, reviews and today I even saw a podcast while I was out hunting for the The Gazette's anniversary live!

I remember VK reacts being around for way longer than the recent "boom" ( probably caused in part by the one big react video an year or two back featuring such scene stalwarts as Insanity Injection, who are now off to headlining at the dome or something ), but usually they were both awfully made and nothing to say even to the low standards of the crowd those generally cater to, so it wasn't that big of a deal other than the occasional laugh. Now, I don't recall how long ago this was, I remember the first one I kept seeing frequently was that baldman doing reacts to The GazettE and Dir en grey songs, and I found them such fiery motorway car wreck that I kept going back for seconds to the point where his, and other peoples, videos would show on my feed and sidebar all the fucking time. (Oddly enough baldman actually kind of grew on me since he seemed like the type of guy who'd check out stuff like that anyway, while for the rest of them I still wish nothing but pain and misfortune.) These days they are all over the place with new ones trying to fish out them youtube hunnid views a Gazette react will get you. I've been a bit shy in checking them out since I don't want to give them any traffic no matter how tempted I am. I'd still go ahead and say it's worth making a thread on since everyone is exposed to the phenomenon by this point.

Do you tolerate them, or even enjoy some? I reckon one or two of those people even lurk on this forum. Thoughts anyone?

~didn't post any links 'cause I don't want to give them any views. anyone else is more than welcome. and this thread isn't too much of a mess since I'm very drunk as of writing this~

Edited by Disposable

lol, I read this two different ways:

Visual Kei (or ex) Youtubers (e.g. VAMBI, Sick^2's Hiroshi, etc.).

Idk if there are any other "regular" YouTubers w/ a VK background, but there are a lot of VK band channels w/ extraneous content.

I like VAMBI's insight into what it was like as a bandoman, and he's pretty fun/entertaining.

I find a lot of the "popular" JP "YouTubers" (daily content / not those who use the YouTube platform to show off actually interesting content) insufferable b/c  its either mobage, kusoge, or stupid fucking clickbait/drama shit. The U.S has pretty shit content too (esp. the latter of that list) , but we've used the platform since the beginning so the content variety & amt. is much larger.  Shoutouts to PDR tho, he's boss. Fuck UUUM.

Spoiler

Youtubers w/ Visual Kei Videos (e.g. MacRyanMac)

MacRyanMac is not bad at all, but I've only seen a handful of his videos. I don't really watch VK react videos b/c there's nothing that wouldn't have already been touched on in MH discussions, news posts, etc. If the reactions aren't entertaining you're usu. watching it to validate your own opinion and/or genuinely trying learn someone else's. 

Spoiler

Edited by colorfuljinsei

With all honesty, I wasn't even aware there were visual kei channels in YouTube. Never even seen any in my recommendations box. lol

Are there actually any good ones with solid content (meaning not the 'react' kind etc)?

Edited by saishuu

27 minutes ago, saishuu said:

With all honesty, I wasn't even aware there were visual kei channels in YouTube. Never even seen any in my recommendations box. lol

Are there actually any good ones with solid content (meaning not the 'react' kind etc)?

tbh, not really. It's all K-pop, since fans are usu. rabid about anyone's opinion on band "x".

I've ran into a handful of other react channels but they have only a couple hundred/thousand views.

I'm gonna be honest but some of them are kinda cringy... I know some of those YTs prob have acc.s here ;_; Don't kill me. I understand it's hard to be entertaining on camera...

*Oops my bad, you meant not the react ones. What specifically besides reactions?

---

Only channels I know off the top of my head work w/ existing content:

Catness Productions (Face Morphing/ Top 10 Lists/ Synthesia)

SAKURA MUSIC (Band Release/History Compilations)

R.I.P LMN J (What got me into VK in the first place) (It used to be LMNJ2010 & 2009 for the respective years)

Edited by colorfuljinsei

1 hour ago, colorfuljinsei said:

Only channels I know off the top of my head work w/ existing content:

Catness Productions (Face Morphing/ Top 10 Lists/ Synthesia)

SAKURA MUSIC (Band Release/History Compilations)

R.I.P LMN J (What got me into VK in the first place) (It used to be LMNJ2010 & 2009 for the respective years)

Niiice! Will check these out later. Thank you!

Basically the only one I've ever seen due to her extreme advertising on facebook. Everything just feels so over the top and "GUYS JAPAN IS SO RANDOM AND WEIRD XDDDDDDDD" about reacting to vk, I don't like it one bit. 

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

13 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Basically the only one I've ever seen due to her extreme advertising on facebook. Everything just feels so over the top and "GUYS JAPAN IS SO RANDOM AND WEIRD XDDDDDDDD" about reacting to vk, I don't like it one bit. 

I think she has autism. She replied to a comment saying so. 

just yesterday per accident i watched a reaction video of the Gazette "DEUX" live version and just after like 2-3 minutes i was like: enough of this bullshit... 

like "oh i've never listened to this band before... ...hmK they sing in spanish.." FUCK YEAH sure as hell they do sing in spanish...

sorry if i sound like an ass but - f**k off... >.>''

Inb4 I turn this into a self promotion thread Here's the vkgy YT account, where I occasionally upload bad unboxing videos and random live clips.

Here's one where a girl makes up choreography/exercise routines to vk songs. To be completely honest I initially subbed because I figured it'd be dumb as hell, but she actually does a good job, and my fat ass certainly isn't jumping around for four minutes without looking like a complete mess.

I'd love to find more vk-related channels that aren't just music uploads, but most of them seem super cringey :X

On 6/15/2018 at 6:30 PM, Takadanobabaalien said:

holy fuck im glad im not the only one who's come across Madison Rice.

I've always wondered where are the actually good vk makeup tutorials? There's few pretty legit hair videos (Kitago Kandare mostly) but makeup seemed to be a part of a "filming in my moms bedroom while shes out having a margarita"-trend back in 2006.

Also i find it a little amusing that actual japanese in the "scene" don't technically do makeup very good, the overall result is alright tho.

Like you would expect people at KAWAII PATEEN to do something more, in my eyes it's a girl with ALICE AND THE PIRATES outfit and some spooky-ish paint.

Well, there's @TODORA's channel. I like MacRyanMac's too, but his thumbnails are so... ugh

A little bit off-topic, but someone mentioned bandmen that are youtubers too, so I think it's worth putting Paiotsu's secondary channel (where they focus mainly on shit not related to band activities) and the one from Zin, the drummer from Screw (R. I. P.).

Edited by IGM_Oficial

1 hour ago, vkboytotransgirl said:

Ex-Irokui Yuuri now Okada Yuu's Youtube channel!

this topic is only for youtube channels that are centered around visual kei.

For posts about bandmen with youtube channels, go to this topic: