06. Imperial Propaganda

07. Feces

08. 零愛

09. NIGHTMARE

10. Lust

11. Period of tragedy

12. REBOOT

13. 偽りのディストピア-Folklore Ver.-

most of this sounds really bland tbh, but I'm perched for reboot and period of tragedy

kiwamu doesn't seem like a good producer/band manager at all tbh judging by this and UFJ (I don't follow other flopwave bands.)

4 hours ago, Yukami said:

[over 9000 album previews]

why didn't they just put all of this in one video & call it an album preview? smh starwave never does ANYTHING right

Saya's vocals definitely contrast between new and old songs, which is why I still question why these older songs were added (and thankfully not re-recorded like Dystopia was). The new songs sound like he recorded them after downing a 30 pack of Busch beer and tequila. I mean, his vocals are all over the place and unsteady, as compared to the older songs where he sounds more focused and has more control over his notes. LUST sounds like pop whore trash, the mixing in Period of tragedy is pure shit and ruined what would've been an epic chorus, and I knew they would butcher the re-recording of Itsuwari no Dystopia, that one sounds like a bad karaoke cover. Other than that, I agree that REBOOT sounds like it'll be the best song in the entire album.

I wanted to believe this album would be bomb as fuck, but I guess it'll bomb the other way around...please, disband already, or at least let Saya rest his voice. jfc.

17 hours ago, suji said:

I mean, his vocals are all over the place and unsteady, as compared to the older songs where he sounds more focused and has more control over his notes. LUST sounds like pop whore trash, the mixing in Period of tragedy is pure shit and ruined what would've been an epic chorus, and I knew they would butcher the re-recording of Itsuwari no Dystopia, that one sounds like a bad karaoke cover.

it really sounds like starwave sound techs aren't even trying at all. they rihleased an underfall live DVD teaser and homegirl sangs like a drunk golden bomber member mocking her own vocals (and older Airo live recs were probably one of my favorite in the indie scene, he actually used to be pretty good; this mess is just painful on ears)

I wonder if they all should just disband and reform under terakoya or something, because with all the sus stuff that label keeps doing to its signed artists, at least their production quality doesn't raise any questions

Edited by nekkichi

I always wandered over if Kiwamu's has any dignity lefting there at all... or a least makes any significant ammount of money with these "bands"... This is one of the few labels that hasn't put out ANY worthy artist EVER... All the stuff they do is always cringy...

After listening to the album on spotify, I take back everything I said, except the criticism on Saya's voice. He still sounds a bit tired and the instrumentals tend to get buried by the synths (Starwave's production is still to blame), but the album overall was great (of course I skipped the old songs and that dreadful Dystopia rerecording). Lust was probably the only song I didn't care for, and Period of tragedy became one of my favorite tracks overall. I have got to stop listening to samples since Starwave tends to fuck it up all of the time.

15 minutes ago, suji said:

This is the full version though. Merged both threads. Strange that they released this well over a year later...

kiwamu probably looked at his hard drive and realized he had never released it til now lol. with that being said, imo its very notable how much better the quality sounds on the newest mini compared to all these releases. 

Edited by sleepy coffee