Takadanobabaalien

まみれた (Mamireta) collection album release

lmao 伐 dances about as bad as I did drunk at my cousin's wedding, I love it.

Song sounds kinda like parts of 僕が溶けてく帰り路 but I'm still entertained.

I do hope they'll come up with something more variant.

Within the span of two PV's they went from being one of the most talked about bands on the forum to no one giving a shit about the new song, and I can't blame yall for it because this track sucks even worse than the last one. It's a fine line they treaded, and now that their musicianship ( they used to sound really tight despite the generic riffs, or at least they didn't sound this sloppy ) and PV budgets take a slump they've managed to wander off to the wrong side of that said line. Shoutout to the lyrics also that some kind soul translated in the comment section. They're embarrassing. 

Yeah I lost interest in them very quickly lol, I hope they'll release more killer tunes like Ojamashimasu in the future.

This new song is boring and the lyrics wtf who wants to hear someone singing about his hole??

So far I've failed to have any memory of Mamireta's songs other than Tebetai... but going through it again, do they not already have songs like this? Lyrically I just thought ALL of their songs were about this...

Edited by Elazmus

Both songs are on the usual enjoyable level. The problem is they shocked/suprised everyone after the noone cared for 食べたい with お邪魔します, which everyone and their grandmother loved (i cant repeat often enough how everyone was throwing the 食べたい single at you for 100yen but after お邪魔します its suddenly worth 10k+yen). After that they continued mostly on the same high quality level but we will probably never get such a suprise anymore from them. 

Suprised anyone is suprised by 2nd songs lyrics. Exactly what i expected from them, i like it.

I'd been outta county in bumfuck no videos wifi town, but now I've been catching up-

だるまさん is still just 'fine' for me, but definitely repetitive / a bit too close to prev songs.

This new song though I like, sure it's still 'their' sound which probably sounds like more of the same to others. But I guess that's what I want, just with at least SOME variation. It's kind of how I feel about modern DEG vs listening to Sukekiyo. At this point all DEG sounds the same to me, but with those few variations.

I don't really see a problem with the lyrics either...if I expected them anywhere it'd be here.

Of course I'd fight someone for something new like お邪魔します...but will we ever see it again, like filth_y said I don't think so.

-insert niche gay Oh, Hole? meme here-

The comment about the lyrics probably came off a bit harsh, or as an exaggeration rather. It's just blase, and the groaning disappointment is just multiplied when coupled with the blase music. Shiin Kurashi, Tabetai etc. went fucking hard and now we got this crap.

also is it just me projecting or did their production get worse with these two songs as well? 

Edited by Disposable

Many people seem to dislike the new song i like a lot O_O This new song sounds really good to me ! Well i don’t understand the lyrics at all so i can’t be disappointed about it xD i was not really convinced with だるまさん but this new song is what i like and what i expect from them |ω・`)

While i didnt like だるまさん at first listen, i tried to imagine how killer these drums would sounds live and think this is probl. a song thats amazing when you're in the audience.

Btw 2nd reminded me so much of the PV for 我、在ルベキ場所 from MUCC somehow (video not the song itself).

Lets see where they will go after this first album! Its the most crucial time for any band IMO. Will it be a new direction or same of the old stuff?

Honestly, from what i've seen based on the english translations scattered around, all of their lyrics have been pretty... bad. 

That first PV posted here (the one with the shironuri makeup) looks like it could've come from a mid-'00s angura band lol