Sign in to follow this  
Kaleidoscope

GAZTREA 1st EP "INCANTATION"

I'm not sure if I can say this to one of the members of the board, but first off I thought the promo picture was a joke. Automatically wrote you off as another non-asian visual kei parody. The vocals are OK I guess, but it sounds like a 105468th rate VK vocalist. The music sounds like a 674687467167674657416th rate visual kei band. 

Don't get me wrong, this is far from the worst band I've ever heard. But there's nothing memorable about this whatsoever. You've heard worse, but out of the previous 674687467167674657416 bands you heard playing this style of music, 6746874671676746574 were a shitload better.

But it's not awful. I don't get cancer listening to this, and just that is a huge positive for me in 2018 where 90% of the VK-scene are giving me cancer or worse.

2 hours ago, Bear said:

I'm not sure if I can say this to one of the members of the board, but first off I thought the promo picture was a joke. Automatically wrote you off as another non-asian visual kei parody. The vocals are OK I guess, but it sounds like a 105468th rate VK vocalist. The music sounds like a 674687467167674657416th rate visual kei band. 

Don't get me wrong, this is far from the worst band I've ever heard. But there's nothing memorable about this whatsoever. You've heard worse, but out of the previous 674687467167674657416 bands you heard playing this style of music, 6746874671676746574 were a shitload better.

But it's not awful. I don't get cancer listening to this, and just that is a huge positive for me in 2018 where 90% of the VK-scene are giving me cancer or worse.

Ah don't worry, no offense taken, glad to get any feedback at all!

Since you showed some interest in the project, I guess I can at least tell you a thought or two on the whole thing so you get some insight on what we are trying to achieve. The band is still in a very early stage and we haven't really settled on a proper style yet, so to be honest, none of us is completely happy with our visual material yet - it's always hard to pull off the visual image as a non-asian band because of all the negative stigma surrounding it, but we will see what we can do in the future when it comes to that.

As for the sound itself, I just recently joined the band, they had a female vocalist before me, so for the vocals I've been in a weird spot where I either had to record in her range (which is okay, but slightly above the range where I feel most comfortable) or in the lower octave, which sounds somewhat boring most of the time. Our next release will be tailored to my vocals, so I hope I can change your mind if you care to check it out then ;)We will definitely try to improve and redefine our sound and image, so thanks for your input!

Also, the last statement honestly made me smile a bit, so I take it as a compliment haha

Even though our new EP has been out for a while, I only now began to crave some MH feedback ;) We are beginning to adjust both our visual and musical side a bit to a darker tone, so I hope some of you will give our stuff another try! All our music is also on Spotify - I personally would always recommend to listen to "Ultraviolet" first since it's closer to the more progressive direction we want to go in the future.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

Sign in to follow this