suji

Jupiter will resume activities & new Vo.KUZE (ex-Concerto Moon) has joined

The vocalist sounds like suffering from dysphonia...

I don't like the looks of the basist; it doesn't suit the style of the band.

I'm liking Kuze so far. Metal as fuck.

Teru's perpetually worried face in the PV gives me a weird sense of anxiety. Like please smile and show some emotion to balance out Hizaki's blankness like you usually do, lmao. Why did they give him that makeup. Everything about this PV is weird compared to others. And the chorus doesn't seem to fit the song but it's still good imo!

Edited by Zalemu

their new vocalist is fine but Jupiter music don't like me yet.

and that cameraman needs to stop playing with the zoom 

Hard to say if Kuze is an upgrade from Zin. I think overall its an improvement because it gives the songs a totally different vibe. From Japanese VK to European Power Metal. Being the Japanese Angra is not bad at all.

Kamijo's solo project is still way better than Jupiter.

On 7/2/2018 at 12:43 PM, Wakarimashita said:

I feel like after JUBILEE any Hizaki/Teru's composition has sounded the same to me, like it's the same track rehashed over and over, in either Versailles or Jupiter.

You stole the words from my mind perfectly. I wish it weren't so, but I agree..

It's really sad that you can skip through their album and not notice that it's different songs you are listening to...

Versailles and Kamijo at least have some variation!!!!

Kamijo still manages to be at least innovative after all this time (vocaloid, anyone?)

Since they are still Jupiter im curious to see how he will sing some of Jupiters older work. Songs like Blessing of the Future and Arcadia. 

On 7/2/2018 at 11:38 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

This is like on par with Avenged Sevenfold getting Dream Theater's drummer to do their 5th album. Kind of out of no where, but neat nonetheless. This guy's singing is probably what Hizaki was going for the entire time, but didn't want to / couldn't / was afraid to tap any non-vkei related talent for it.

LOL avenged sevenfold XD not really kinda ASF is like more dark and metal although that would be a great match up id pay to see that??  What he sounds like is kinda like your average medieval related singer except Japanese studio wise anyways >.>

Edited by Axius

49 minutes ago, Axius said:

LOL avenged sevenfold XD not really kinda ASF is like more dark and metal although that would be a great match up id pay to see that??  What he sounds like is kinda like your average medieval related singer except Japanese studio wise anyways >.>

I was saying that more to compare the circumstances of two different scenes merging, not making a direct comparison between A7X Jupiter.

1 minute ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I was saying that more to compare the circumstances of two different scenes merging, not making a direct comparison between A7X Jupiter.

Ahh i see. Thank you for clarifying ^-^

I'll check them later! This new vocalist is pretty cool, I remember when he joined Concerto Moon back in 2011. I always had a hard time enjoying those symphonic/power metal VK bands because I don't think that ultra dramatic low-larynx vocal style fit the music at all.

For me it feels as Kuze doesn't really fit in Jupiter. His voice is great but somehow it sounds just weird.

As the music isn't written for his Voice to sing. 

And I never had that feeling with Concerto Moon. 

3 hours ago, BrenGun said:

For me it feels as Kuze doesn't really fit in Jupiter. His voice is great but somehow it sounds just weird.

As the music isn't written for his Voice to sing. 

And I never had that feeling with Concerto Moon. 

Actually he fits in even a bit too much. I agree with the people saying that Hizaki was looking for this kind of vocalist from the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised he kicked out Zin after getting the chance to invite Kuze.

These Japanese metal bands could be interesting as long as they're throwing in some peculiar elements like visual kei-ish melodies and vocals. HGP and early Versailles had a good vk-metal balance and kinda sounded fresh at that time, but now Jupiter just sounds like an imitation of any average european band. 
I didn't like their previous vocalist either as he was (badly) trying to sound like western metal, but I guess that could sound at least more interesting than this new dude. Would rather go for Kamijo's shitty singing which can at least make it sound more personal or at least different.

1 minute ago, 薔薇の末裔 said:

Actually he fits in even a bit too much. I agree with the people saying that Hizaki was looking for this kind of vocalist from the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised he kicked out Zin after getting the chance to invite Kuze.

These Japanese metal bands could be interesting as long as they're throwing in some peculiar elements like visual kei-ish melodies and vocals. HGP and early Versailles had a good vk-metal balance and kinda sounded fresh at that time, but now Jupiter just sounds like an imitation of any average european band. 
I didn't like their previous vocalist either as he was (badly) trying to sound like western metal, but I guess that could sound at least more interesting than this new dude. Would rather go for Kamijo's shitty singing which can at least make it sound more personal or at least different.

Yeah totally my thought!

But let's see, they just did start and maybe after a few releases Kuze will fit more in the band.

But Kuze is a damn great vocalist, 100% no blame on him.  

The first two tracks on the single bought me over again. Third one, not so much. What is it with Hizaki trying to get his vocalists to growl in power metal, it’s ridiculous. 

Jupiter new live DVD, "Wind of Evolution" will be released on October 10 on zenorecords webshop and CDJapan for 3500 yen. It will feature footage of their first concert with Kuze at Shinjuku ReNY on July 21. It will also be sold in advance at the beginning of their tour on September 30.

[tracklist]

・ARCADIA
・TEARS OF THE SUN
・Guilty as Sin
・The spirit within me
・Bring me out
・Angel’s Wings
・Theory of Evolution
(35 min. total)

3500yen for 35 min footage of 7 songs ? Lmao Hizaki, Jupiter is not Versailles, even Versailles is not pre-2012 Versailles anymore, you can't just do that, nobody's gonna buy that especially through a homemade webshop