chemicalpictures

MiA (ex-MEJIBRAY) new band, "Sugar or Dry" has formed

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

Was Mejibray “super popular” though? I feel like Western VK fanbases oversell their favorites quite a bit. 

I thinks it obvious that when she said "super popular" she didn't said "mainstream". Meji was, of course, never to hit Tokyo Dome someday like Sid or AKB48 do, but that doesn't take off the fact that they had very decent levels of popularity, at least within the scene. They actually rocked Koukkaidou, Blitz, Studio Coast and Yagai Ongakudou all by themselves, way more than what every indie vk artist can actually achieve in their life-time.

Edited by saiko

it's really hard to watch and also hard to hear. MiA's rhythm parts are just drowning in the mix. Also, the vocalist, gj on singing like a generic awful vocalist from any oshare band.

Why are you guys so surprise for the oshare kei direction. Did you guys forgot TOON FACTORY?

He’s true love is these shitty oshare sound. Mejibray was tsuzuku’s project, MIA stay and become official member because its getting popular not because he love the music.

Edited by deadman

I hate to be This Guy, but jfc artists are allowed to enjoy creating more than one kind of music. MiA playing something poppy now doesn’t mean he doesn’t/never did like rock. 

(Don’t get me wrong, I’m really not a fan of this project. But people can like more than one thing guys. Tsuzuku likes Marilyn Manson, Linkin Park, and Arashi. It happens.)

I don't care for this at all. But why are we making it a big deal that Mia went from heavy rock to oshare/pop music? This is far from the first time a bandman has used visual kei to gather up a fan base and then abandoned it  once he has said base. It happens all the time. I know it might hurt his fans, but from here it looks like all Mejibray was for him was a way to put a firm foot in the industry while also racking up a quick and loyal(?) following. 

Still can't get over the awful band name though. 

59 minutes ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

I don't care for this at all. But why are we making it a big deal that Mia went from heavy rock to oshare/pop music? This is far from the first time a bandman has used visual kei to gather up a fan base and then abandoned it  once he has said base. It happens all the time. I know it might hurt his fans, but from here it looks like all Mejibray was for him was a way to put a firm foot in the industry while also racking up a quick and loyal(?) following. 

Still can't get over the awful band name though. 

People aren't upset over the fact that he's doing oshare/pop music. I think they're more upset over the fact that he's doing it to sell out, which is evident from the fact that the other band members seem to lack musical talent overall but have a lot of popularity. Hell, you said it yourself; all MEJIBRAY even was for him was a foothold. Like I said before in this thread, no matter what he does, he's selling out.

On 10/31/2018 at 12:33 PM, Gesu said:

People aren't upset over the fact that he's doing oshare/pop music. I think they're more upset over the fact that he's doing it to sell out, which is evident from the fact that the other band members seem to lack musical talent overall but have a lot of popularity. Hell, you said it yourself; all MEJIBRAY even was for him was a foothold. Like I said before in this thread, no matter what he does, he's selling out.

I still don't think it's worth getting upset over. He's doing the kind of music he likes now. And even if he is just using the other members because of their large following and not their talent, Who are we to impose artistic morals on him? People "sell out" in VK all the time. I say just shrug it off. 

That being said, I wonder if this stunt will work out. Are Youtuber fan bases really so loyal that they would  spend tons of cash on supporting a mediocre band because their favorite persona is in it the way a typical bangya would? 

On 5/10/2018 at 1:21 PM, ricchubunny said:

BITCHES HOW DARE YOU TO DISRESPECT MY BURAJIRU KEI 

now being serious MiA is my personal friend so i really cheer for him, but i hate this brazilian guy.

Oh you are friends with Mia? I'll add you lol 🍸