chemicalpictures

MiA (ex-MEJIBRAY) new band, "Sugar or Dry" has formed

Hmmm... Mia doing weird shit, koichi and tsu doing strange stuff....

They should have kicked Meto out and reformed as a youtube/pop band alltogether

It's funny to see the new musical direction of ex Mejibray members, why have a foreigner singer if this dude sing and have the same mimic like 99% of jrock and vk singers

His voice is uncanny valley levels of unfitting for his appearance. Also, this would fit right at home in a cringe compilation of weeb videos from 2006.

Okay yeah this has to be a joke because his singing in the video on the first page of this thread is entirely different. He's oshare-ifying the fuck out of it for this project or it's dubbed, lmao.

Edited by Zalemu

There are some painfully unflattering shots

Is the keyboardist genuinely scratching her nose at 0:11 or this a new VK move?

Update:

https://www.youtube.com/user/john69110

Youtube channel of the guy in the video, not sure what relevance he has to the project because the channel seems mostly dedicated to One Piece

Edited by Manabu
Research

Hoo, boy. I joined this site yesterday (tried to join a year back, but the CAPTCHA wasn't working, so here I am now) because, for a while, I've been kinda out-of-the-loop when it comes to VK/J-rock news. I never stopped loving it, but I had no idea what was really going on in the community and among artists... and this is the first thing I find when I come back.

I mean, if it's what MiA wants to do, fair enough. I know pretty much nowt about the other members, so I can't say anything about them, but based on what I've read in this thread, I can't help but feel like MiA's selling out a little. Ah, well. If he really is selling out as he seems to be, then this should all just blow over soon. I give 'em two years, tops.

Actually, this thread was started in May, which was five months ago. Are they still going?

20 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Ban me from this forum and from listening to any VK period. I didn’t like Mejibray, but the results of them disbanding and splintering off into cringe-kei nonsense makes me wish they just stayed together and continued phoning it in. 

Fuck this shit. 

Can we put some faith in Meto? What if he turns out to be a really decent vocalist. Don't despair just yet. 

LMAO what is that? Is the blonde dude lipped or something? Maybe he is acting vocalist, an avatar, for the band while the actual vocalist sings it from behind the curtains, just like Milli Vanilli? Weird concept, my dudes! 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Um, yikes. Everyone in the short music video clip looks insanely bored.

Btw, is there any news of Meto after that singing session he had way back?

Meto (or Yuutaro) has done a couple of session bands and collabs/events with Farstar; no more singing events right now, but he did do some back-up quasi drumming for Hyde at some event in USJ, and he seemed really excited about it. He’s not gone, but he’s not overdoing it either. Good time to be a Meto fan.

MiA,Koichi,Tsuzuku...why don't you guys stay active only on Instagram like Meto  and get into music again when you all have something not disappointing to offer? Please. It makes me cry tears of blood watching these three guys wasting their PHENOMENAL talent doing goofy projects

Edited by Manji 卍