chemicalpictures

MiA (ex-MEJIBRAY) new band, "Sugar or Dry" has formed

2 hours ago, Reikatsumi said:

Why "ex. Mejibray"?

They didn't disband officially 

Because it's unlikely that they'll ever come back

I like MiA but idk what to think about this... Thought it's April 1st joke....

But on a bright side.... Look how Coldrain bacame so popular in Japan. Let's see......

After this awful thing,I started to be really suspicious about the Tzk and Koichi new project/band.they can't be shit like this.Also Meto is probably coming back sooner or later and I hope he don't disappoint.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:17 PM, chemicalpictures said:

Song preview:

Please guys tell me you understand that this song preview is not Sugar or Dry's original song ?
It says so in the name of the video on YouTube 【嘘じゃないです】(It's not a lie) / Obviously a prank, see for yourself, they just used the music On  Lap - Out of control, they say so in the description of the video.

Now I'm not discussing the concept or wether it's good to mix YouTube, gaijins and Visual Kei, but I give the music a chance though. MiA has amazing composition skills and I don't see why he wouldn't use them for this band.

I got wind it was diff. when I watched the "Pledge" cover. I don't rescind my previous statement, as his voice is not that bad.

That being said, the whole thing reeks of JPN Youtuber antics, which is definitely not my cup of tea. IMO I find John's channel content obnoxious (staged drama & clickbait (sort by popular)), but he could be a genuinely good person behind the scenes.

It's not that he's a gaijin that I find "off", it's the people MiA has suddenly gotten involved with that has turned a lot of heads. That being said, it's totally MiA's choice since he started the whole thing. All in all, if they sound good I'll give them a shot. 

Everyone here is just poking fun at it considering how bizarre this all is. 

Edited by colorfuljinsei

One thing I'm upset about as a bassist is that I've checked that chick's YouTube channel and she started playing the bass a couple months ago and has a begginer level.
Thus

- She didn't record SoD's first music, that's for sure, MiA did it
- She probably will do like Koichi and pretend to play bass most of the time, which is extremely frustrating for musicians who purchase a ticket to see people "playing live".

That probably bothers just me anyway.
MiA probably met her at some Gucci/Versace party and was like "oh your fanbase be huge let's make a band, don't mind the music, just mind the money" and that's disappointing coming from such a talented person. He can make a living and be an honest musician too, he has the fanbase for it...

Edited by Cristate

can he sing in Portuguese or jp. i dont like english

On 5/11/2018 at 1:25 PM, blackdoll said:

can he sing in Portuguese or jp. i dont like english

He mainly sings in Japanese. We haven't heard any material from Sugar or Dry yet.

He also had an appearance on Nodojiman the World doing LUNA SEA's - Storm.

(Alright, I've gotten way too invested in this thread. This is my last comment o_o)

DIR EN GREY - 予感 Cover

Edited by colorfuljinsei

I just wonder if Mia is doing this to keep his name relevant, if he’s excited to be able to do any project he feels like since his full time band in on hiatus, or if he has a hard time saying ‘no’ to people because he wants to help his friends/colleagues out. Please no burn out, and please no more obnoxious YouTube antics. That’s all I ask.

vk finally nailed the ultimate incel bait formula tbh

featuring a bihet frontman, kawaii yaoi guitar-shonen and not one, not two, but THREE sultry gravure hussiz to leech tha moneys from the affluent and unfortunately looking gentlemen

On 5/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, LIDL said:

The future of VKei is Viral Kei instead of Visual Kei

as opposed to bacteria-infested present??..

Edited by nekkichi

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

...and not one, not two, but THREE sultry gravure hussiz to leech tha moneys from the affluent and unfortunately looking gentlemen

gg wp

I didn't know it was a prank and I am disappointed it's not their song...
If they wanted to do a prank, they should use really bad song, because If we will finally hear their real music, we can be suprised how good they are comparing to "prank song" (if they would like to use bad song).
But they decided to use really amazing chorus and I really believed it's their composition...
I don't think it would be good band, MiA is good composer but I am not sure that brazillian guy will suit them.

Yah'll are harsh lol If you didn't see any of the members in the band, this song could easily be played on US airwaves and probably get on the billboards. It's just a mediocre mainstream song. The singer reminds me of the dude from the killers with a (for better or worse) nickleback singing voice. Mia could definitely do better, but it's not bad. This reminds me of when Yohio came out and everyone was shitting on his music because he's not Japanese. This is far from terrible. They just need a better stylist.   

The main problem here, is MiA joining a generic radio rock "band" with a few YouTubers doing this as a publicity stunt, seemingly. The music in question is passable at best, though it doesn't deserve the flak it's getting, as nobody would give a jack shit about them here, were Mr. Nose-job not involved. 

I can only guess their purpose, though I doubt they want or even can make it "big". Just some quick cash, merch line, gather new "fans", in essence, just growing their separate brands and be done with it. Which I kinda hope will happen, cause I still wanna hear MiA in some neo-classical project.

18 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

We already established that its not their song. Read guys! 

I've read this whole topic attentively and how does it matter for any of our posts wheter it's their or not? I actually had that piece of info in parentheses in my reply before I deleted it, but it doesn't change my statement in any other way.

Btw, the cover is somewhat indicative of what they are gonna play, if they are gonna go on with this.