chemicalpictures

MiA (ex-MEJIBRAY) new band, "Sugar or Dry" has formed

I'm too lazy to create a new thread, so here it goes

Apparently, MiA is in a new band called "Sugar or Dry", which is the corniest shit I've seen in a long time:

members:

vo. JOHN

gt. MiA

ba. tenchim

key. MARI

dr. SOY

https://twitter.com/SugarOrDry

https://www.instagram.com/sugar_or_dry_official/

Song preview:

The vocalist is a brazilian dude that has a really unknown gameplay channel, and released a video explaining that he was a fan of Mejibray and one day asked MiA to have dinner with him, he accepted, they somewhat became friends and that's the story.

Surprised nobody is talking about this, or have I missed something?

Edited by chemicalpictures

ZxwRO_s-200x150.gif

Ugh,here we go again...

Don't we already have way too many annoying Brazilian music ?

I'm a Brazilian myself and the only thing that brings me confort when watching this is noticing that even tough this guy was born in Brazil, he's far from being a typical Brazilian. His Portuguese is broken and all.

It looks to me as if he's MiA's sugar daddy,so he should stop investing on this flop and get from him some much needed advice on plastic surgery.

Edited by jon_jonz

I heard that the Brazilian guy has actually been in Japan since he was 6 yrs old, so there's something for ya i guess :v

the vocalist being non japanese is weird,ok.but i'm talking about every single thing on this.simply doesn't make sense

I never liked MiA anyway,but c'mon man,don't waste your fucking talent in this shit,i thought he would come up with a killer band

I saw this on MiA's twitter but i thought it was just a one time thing or a joke but holy hell hes really doing this... 

12 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

Thing is, that tenchim girl has a pretty HUGE fanbase on her personal channel, if she can convert 5%, 10% of those people to buy their stuff, they are probably going to outsell mejibray, lol

The future of VKei is Viral Kei instead of Visual Kei

tenor.gif?itemid=5742417

That's why I was hesitant about posting this first because some of these people are Youtubers, and since Mia is taking part in so many side projects, who knows if this is another one, or if it's an *official* band...?

I was hesistant to post about this because even if it’s been more than a month I was really hoping this was an April Fool’s Day home and posting was acknowledging it was real.

It’s not that I hate that he’s working with someone foreign; I just personally find John to be super obnoxious. 

7 hours ago, suji said:

I heard that the Brazilian guy has actually been in Japan since he was 6 yrs old, so there's something for ya i guess :v

Didnt even notice hes not japanese from the ESP video.

3 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

they are probably going to outsell mejibray

Even tho they wont be anything for me - if they're serious and continue im 100% sure they will outsell mejibray easily since they probably arent limited to the "small" vk scene and can appeal to other rock fans and also to some japanese that are "omg foreigner so kakkoi!!" (instead of the feeling here "omg brazilian this sucks"). Depends what they aim for/going for.

I don't get all the hate.

The singer's not terrible and the preview was a lot better than some of the crap coming out of the VK scene these days.

OK, I get all the hate.