Shaolan974

DEZERT new album, "TODAY" release

3 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

The Album is available on Spotify & itunes

I noticed, but price is too high for 11 songs, and not everything is new.

On 8/9/2018 at 6:05 PM, Bunny said:

09.普通じゃないⅢ(DEZERT in マルコ shadow

i want this song just for that description alone

6 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

The Album is available on Spotify & itunes

Got the iTunes link? I googled it and found nothing. I did find it on mora though, and yeah it does cost extra (¥324/song, ¥2,592 for the album)

2 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

Got the iTunes link? I googled it and found nothing. I did find it on mora though, and yeah it does cost extra (¥324/song, ¥2,592 for the album)

I found it here but the songs are translated for whatever reason....

9 minutes ago, suji said:

I found it here but the songs are translated for whatever reason....

Only half the songs are translated. Why do people do this

Doesn't matter though, I'm not taking this whole album, just "Silence" and "Frogs, Bats, & Machine Guns"

But honestly, if it's not original kanji, I'd take English translation over Romaji any day if it's done right

$14.19 is bullshit for an 11-track album that's mostly gonna suck. $1.29/song is the norm now, but full albums should usually be $10

Just listened the whole album on spotify,and it wouldn't be a bad album at all if that was released by

a different band,but coming from DEZERT,you don't recognize them anymore.

they always had one or two,maybe 3  poppy tracks on their releases,however

THIS time  feels like Chiaki said in the studio "oh,i think i don't wanna scream that much on this album"

You can only be glad that their old stuff lasted time enough to influenciate bands like

Mamireta and DAMY,cuz like it or not, they're kinda keeping that "mad" shit alive

Edited by Manji 卍

17 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

Just listened the whole album on spotify,and it wouldn't be a bad album at all if that was released by

a different band,but coming from DEZERT,you don't recognize them anymore.

they always had one or two,maybe 3  poppy tracks on their releases,however

THIS time  feels like Chiaki said in the studio "oh,i think i don't wanna scream that much on this album"

You can only be glad that their old stuff lasted time enough to influenciate bands like

Mamireta and DAMY,cuz like it or not, they're kinda keeping that "mad" shit alive

Exactly my feelings on the album. It's quite pleasant, well-executed and easy to listen to for a chill afternoon. Which is entirely what I don't look for in a DEZERT album...

Track 2 4 and 5 are the only ones I can stomach and 2 isn't even a new song.

Pretty amazing really they used to sound like old mucc now they sound like new mucc.

Also credit to the guy who said they would be shitting out bland anime intros in a year or so... I wish you hadn't of been so right ;_;

On 7/28/2018 at 3:09 AM, filth_y said:

I felt he talked so honestly at the oneman i went to about questioning why doing music. I thought you become like that AFTER you do such shitty music with major change but not doubt music and then your solution is to make flat pop music?!

I just read chiaki's new interview on cure, it seems like this album is his answer to this question(why doing music) he kept searching for over a year.

Basically he's in existential crisis right now.

Here's a brief translate(Sorry for my bad English):

-Why name this album [Today]

Chiaki: How to get through [Today], to me its really difficult for past year. I have insomnia for over a year, can't sleep, don't wanna go out. I know there is no answer but I'm keep searching by hang out with members and go on tour(That explained why their last tour name is"Please save/help chiaki"). Sometime I get a little realization but mostly don't. So it's really difficult for me to live through everyday.

Although you might think:"Even though you depressed before bed, you just close your eye and today will end, right?" . The answer is no, it doesn't. Because there are no ways you can experience tomorrow, you can only live in "Today". I wanna get an answer, otherwise  there will be no inner peace in my mind. In order to move forward from this restless state, from now on I will create songs on this premise. I'm not trying to deny our past, I will still write heavy songs when I'm angry, but right now this album is my state of mind.

I know a lot of people will think:"wtf are you guys doing, you changed so much", I don't expect this album will reach to everybody, it would be great if I can create something everybody like, but I cant. If there is one moment in the album that can resonate some of you, for me right now, its the happiest thing ever. I expect a lot of backlash, I will take full responsibility, that's how important this album to me. 

@deadman thank you so much

After reading such explanation everything makes sense now.i was very confused,cuz I did like the album,but the fact that I'm a huge fan of their old stuff just conflicted with my acceptance,so I couldn't just listen to those tracks and pretend that I was listening to the same DEZERT. 

It's almost impossible to imagine that a well succeed musician can go through the same things as you (a common person ). I've been in the same situation, facing insomnia, don't wanna talk to people, lost my objective in life, and still trying to figure out who I am and what I'm supposed to do in this life. 

Now I can see the album from a completely different  perspective ,and  whenever i visit this record, I'm sure that I'll enjoy it all.

Wish the best for Chiaki,and hope he can find motivation enough to keep going with his music.

Edited by Manji 卍

11 hours ago, deadman said:

Although you might think:"Even though you depressed before bed, you just close your eye and today will end, right?" . The answer is no, it doesn't. Because there are no ways you can experience tomorrow, you can only live in "Today". I wanna get an answer, otherwise  there will be no inner peace in my mind. In order to move forward from this restless state, from now on I will create songs on this premise. I'm not trying to deny our past, I will still write heavy songs when I'm angry, but right now this album is my state of mind.

Okay, I'll give them a free pass on this one.

Yeah... But the signs of going soft were already in the air when they got the new members before the second album. The middle of the second album is no less soft than anything on TODAY, and Hentai was already knee deep in mid period Girugamesh vibes. The domestication of their sound was a gradual process and by TODAY it finally became a neutered house cat.